Blizzard inconsistencies

jfc the point of the weekly events aren’t to do them every 31/2 hours, that’s the point. it’s for people who play at different times. They are not supposed to be done every 3 hours on the hour, and id venture to say you shouldn’t do it for your own sanity… that sounds pretty consistent to me.

blizzard purposely gave people the ability to get rep by doing them repeatedly - there was discussion on beta about how much rep was appropriate. If they didn’t want people to grind these, then why give rep if you do.

The entire rep structure is set up this expansion to get your main as high as possible in rep before you play your alts. Anyone who wants to play efficiently should be wanting more world quests for rep.

The feast is not weekly. The quest is weekly. The rep is not. It’s not required, just like dailies. If they meant for it to be weekly, they’d restrict the rep.

All of it is optional. The entire game is optional. But people feel so tempted by the 75 rep per WQ that they don’t want to miss out on them being daily. But have no problem missing out on the feast that is every 3 1/2 hours.

3 Likes

For the same reason, you go to the store and there are 4 or 5 different kinds of apples. For the choice of doing them if you want. Of course, the event is on a timer, so the amount of rep you get is so low it’s not worth grinding them. The game went from being a daily, chore/grind fest to now wanting players to be ok with saying “ok im done with this character for the week” sure you did everything and have the choice to no life a event if you want but its not how the game is being designed, And after 3 expansions the latter its a nice change.

It’s 25 rep per action during the feast and 500 for completing it.

2 Likes

I think you might break him if you educate him.

one guy spent 10 hours doing hunts one day and went up 7 renown levels I believe he said.

So whats the goal here?

That the cycling events shouldn’t give rep more than once a week?

People also haven’t gone against the Iskaar Tuskaar fishing dailies. It’s kind of inconsistent.

2 Likes

No I already stated - I am not advocating changes but the arguments provided that blizzard used to walk back on their decision about more dailies isn’t consistent with reality.

I want more dailies like they planned.

So this is just to complain and not actually want any solution/changes?

Ok. Moving on.

3 Likes

The obvious solution to all this is to hard cap rep earned per week.

As for consistency, the consistent thing for them to do would have been to never announce the world quest change to begin with.

That would be inconsistent with other content though. Should mythic plus players be restricted to 2 dungeons a week/ 2pieces of gear a week. Should raiders be restricted to only killing 2 bosses a week and max 2 pieces of gear a week as well?

Hard capping rep at this stage would be a disaster because far too many have been grinding all day and hard capping rep now would give them a permanent advantage. I am almost up to 20 so I personally don’t care if I am ahead of you permanently though.

Raid is already restricted in what you can run for reward. Continuing to bring that up is either a bad faith argument, or an argument from ignorance.

World content and M+ are the only things where the only limiting factor is time in terms of how much you can do. Both should have a cap added

You can run 4 difficulties of a raid - there is no lockout between them.

The solution is for people to learn not every bit of content in this game is aimed at you and just because blizzard provides content for other people doesn’t mean you are FORCED to do it. Blizzard really needs to stop catering to certain groups of people - everyone deserves to have content they enjoy and find rewarding.

1 Like

So the same as daily WQs.

Because of borrowed power systems. Not daily WQs.

Exactly, it should be up to the community (whom I assume are all adults) to exercise some restraint. If they can’t do dailies, come up with a plan to maximize rewards for their time online. And realize they’ll never be as far along as fast as people that can play all the time.

It’s the same for leveling too. It takes me a few days to get to max. A few days more for side quests. In the meantime there are people getting max in a day, or a few hours sometimes. I don’t let it bother me. I just keep doing what I want to do or can do.

1 Like

This assumes that you’re capable of clearing all 4 difficulties, and by the time that you are, the lower difficulties are almost always not relevant.

In general, only the hardest 1-2 difficulties you engage with will be relevant.

Also, there are 4 zones/big reps, so cap each individual rep separately.

Every one of these threads is based on circular arguments and “what-abouts”…

Players convinced Blizz they didnt want nore WQ. No one is going to be convinced to change their mind.

Also, when taking the number of daily, weekly, and WQ available at launch into consideration…there is probably more to do now per week than we had in BFA/SLs

there is a whole lot of players who were operating under false impressions about how things worked - you can see it in this thread.

Some of you need to go touch grass and now Blizzard is providing you a way to do so. So go and touch grass in the meantime.