How about ACTUALLY listening to the community?

I wish Blizzard would listen to me and get rid of all holiday mog restrictions. :pensive:

13 Likes

You might check this forum, actually! I believe that the dungeon choice poll was asked on the forum, and the mount pull may have been asked on the launcher.

2 Likes

The problem is, and don’t get me wrong, I have no doubt you’re correct about the dungeon choice poll, was that it would have been forums only (that one at least), and, much more importantly, were the results published?

Idk what you said man. Weird night. Idc about keys or arena anymore.

I want engaging world content where I am free and can do what I want to.

Xo

5 Likes

They do not respect the paying customers. They design the game they want to design. Whether paying customers will accept it is pretty much an afterthought.

In any case, if they really did care about what the playerbase is thinking, they’d hire a professional marketing research team to help them characterize the playerbase, identify demographics to target for maximum impact, and determine what content will maximize appeal for those players.

2 Likes

Yes, the results were published!

1 Like

Yup, just found it myself. So, I stand corrected on that one at least.

I still think regular polling, and in-game polling, would be better though. But thank you for pointing that one out. /cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

is that a bad thing?

1 Like

I agree, in game would be far superior, you would get more people who play the game to see it and participate! Since you didn’t even know this poll happened, that tells me that they didn’t do a great job of advertising it.

1 Like

Rita what is going on?

This is me tonight. Idk what’s going on.

Omg you are so cute! I want to snatch you! Yay gnomes!

They are asking about polls/ player participation and I overall agree with them.

It is nice to meet you, fellow gnome! I suspect that like everyone else on the forum, you are me. Yes? Yes!

1 Like

Yes the design the game they want to design. They don’t design to cater 100% to you.

And it’s laughable you think blizzard doesn’t have analysts on player behaviour. How naive.

3 Likes

Well, I hope they respect their customers, they’d be stupid not to, cause, well, you know, the customers pay the bills right?

It’s possible - I would think even likely - that they in fact do do some form of internal characterisations of the playerbase, but since we never get to see it, it may as well not exist.

I know they listen. Everytime the community speaks with their wallets, all of a sudden, things get added or fixed. In fact, not flying in previous expacs due to the Pathfinder was a HUGE issue for me. I told them, "Earn it through the campaign, rather than rep, make the skies dangerous again, and keep a handful of places without flight. We got just that with Shadowlands. I had flying in SL months ago, and am still 3 weeks of grinding from having it for BFA. Sad when I can fly in new zones and be more entertained than farming old content without it. If they are not listening to you, it’s probably because you are not bringing them solutions moments before unsubbing. There is an exit interview for a reason.

Yeah give us player housing, Blizzard!

See - Pathfinder is another great issue that seems to wedge the community - some love it, some hate it, but no-one knows what the community as a whole thinks about it - not even Blizzard, since they’ve (again, to the best of my knowledge) never polled the community on it.

…this would just give people the ability to weaponize opinions. Hard pass. Have the surveys, hard agree…publish results, hard pass.

2 Likes

While I respect your view, I am surprised by it also to be honest. Unpublished polling means Blizzard couldn’t be held to account. For example, what if Blizzard polled the community about removing Archeology or not, and found that 90% of the playerbase wanted to keep it (personally, I find Archeology dead boring).

If Blizzard then removed it anyway, the community would have a valid basis, itself based on real data, to try and get Blizzard to change their stance.

1 Like

I have answered blizzard surveys in the past. More than once. I dont think they should publish results though, pretty sure a lot of drama will happen.

1 Like

They don’t even need to poll, they can pull the data for everything players do

Would be nice for blizz to publish that data and tell us what wow players do

4 Likes