Blizzard Gave up on Enhancement

Honestly I haven’t seen Enhance this bad in awhile.
I dont know why the devs decided to make Enhance play like a crappy fury warrior with lightning. Enhance wasn’t that bad pvp wise in the beginning of the xpac before they decided to nerf our heals,damage, and mana for no reason. Face it guys Enhance is going to be trash this whole expansion. Even if they do buff us we will get nerfed to trash in a month.

33 Likes

Learn to play i do fine in pvp. Havnt found a good 2s partner yet but im always doing most dps in a bg and we win 85% of the time

4 Likes

Uh… The OP is correct. And I dont know who you play in order to achieve 85% bg wins. Ur ilvl is 393 same as me and I get rocked in PVP… especially in world pvp. I just came over from playing a Guardian druid last month and I think Enhancement in pvp is even worse than guardian druid as a tank. And when nearly 90% of enhancement players are complaining about the class imbalance… then yes there is a problem.

14 Likes

I absolutely love Enh class fantasy, but the spec definitely needs some love. I hate that Turbo was so good in season 1, because it resulted in so many nerfs (pvp talents neutered, mana regen destroyed). Then more recently, the nerfs to our best az. traits (Primal Primer, Strength of Earth, and now Roiling Storm).

My biggest gripe for pvp is how squishy Enh. is. The lack of defensives and poor heals make you an easy target. I’m 409 ilvl, but If I queue a skirm I will be the primary target, even if my teammate has 50k HP less than I do. Suffice it to say, I do a lot of running in GW form.

I have four 120’s all over 400 ilvl, and can say without doubt, Enh is the spec that needs the most love from Blizz. There may be other classes/specs that I don’t play that are worse off, but I couldn’t say. I don’t think we will see any changes during BFA, but it sure would be nice if we did.

20 Likes

I’ve played shaman among other classes since vanilla. I can’t remember other periods where the spec had such glaring weaknesses and holes either. To be fair I stopped playing around end of Mists, so I missed a couple packs in between. Since picking my shaman up, I’ve noticed some things really stand out that others have mentioned.

Being squishy really stands out. Oddly enough I feel more squishy in pve. While questing one mob sometimes can touch me up, forget about when 2 or 3 are attacking me. I deal with it my tool set, but for a mail, melee type character, just seems way too fragile.

PVP, definitely issues like lack of what I’d say are properly tuned defensive for this day and age, especially compared to what some other classes get. I feel like they could really use a sort of sham version of blink, call it gust of wind or something. An ability that takes us out of harm’s way in a hurry which I feel we really need. Other classes have too many stuns, snares, gap closers, the current enhance tool kit doesn’t seem to be adequate to deal with them.

I also think it’s super annoying the cool downs on tremor and other totems, especially if I remember correctly them being on then GCD. If they were to give them cool downs, they should cut them in half at least. They pruned too much from enhance, or moved too many abilities to pvp talents which are sorely missed and needed in ove also.

Lack of punch when you have no storm strikes or sundering to use. We shouldn’t have to overcome this horrible design by closing a bullet hole with band aids, as in lousy azerite traits. I’d love sundering to be a baseline ability with a shorter cool down, give all enhance specs another powerful ability to use.

13 Likes

Your in denial buddy boi. Youll get creamed in a arena and you know it. Thats why everyone goes Enhance because they are trash and have only 1 defensive that is also crap.

8 Likes

Enhance is okay for PvP. We have a snare, a pseudo-charge, instant (weak) heals, counter-strike and grounding totems, and 40% damage reduction, which is better than no defensive. Unfortunately we have no burst damage and are utterly helpless when stunned. It would help if feral lunge broke CC or if we could have the Ele ability to aoe knock-back (even when stunned).

Blizz doesn’t care because nobody really plays the spec. I PvP a lot on my main (mage) and never run across an any. I’m hoping 8.2 has a few goodies to get people playing again.

1 Like

As someone coming back to my shaman from the beginning of bfa its interesting to see the conversation switched to enhancement. Elemental was GARBAGE at the beginning of BFA. Now its considered quite strong. Give Blizzard some time to fix enhance. Post feedback (just because they dont respond doesnt mean they dont read it) Im sure theyll get some love in 8.2

2 Likes

What we lack is sustainability.
I’ve seen other classes clear out with 10+ trash mobs on them easily. And with Enhancement, while we do have sustainable dps, we lose a lot of health with by killing a pack of 3 or 4 at once.

In pvp, we dont have any form of real healing or defensive ability.
We are literally the first to be targeted because we are so squishy.

We need passive healing built into our class. We should be on par with self healing just like a fury warrior. There is no reason not to implement this sort of ability for us.

5 Likes

its why i cant wait for classic wow and 2hd enhancement comes back.its going to be great.

im just taking a break from wow until classic launches.

8 Likes

that 1200 rating must mean shaman is good

8 Likes

At higher item levels it doesn’t feel as bad. It’s in need of a more interesting trait (Asc. Proc pls blizzard) and the damage will rise over the course of the expansion as scaling kicks in. A higher maelstrom cap baseline for enh would also be ideal.

2 Likes

I’m sure 8.2 we will get overbuffed then nerfed. Blizzards class design in bfa is god awful

7 Likes

Your exactly whats wrong with the Shaman Community. It’s clear to everyone that Enhance is under performing and isnt fun, but your over here saying basically “git gud learn to play” I mained Enhance since Wotlk I know how to play. Enhance is a garbage spec and blizzard needs to fix it.

5 Likes

Lol im returning from WoLK. I havnt played but 2 nonths and trying to get all the other class machanics down. Invite me sonetime i bet id out dps you in any bg or arena and prob live longer too. I havnt pushed rating yet got 1200 without even playing with anybody

1 Like

Im not saying shaman are the vest but they do well with damge. They do however fall quickly when stuned and thats a problem when my warlock can take twice as many hits

1 Like

You should do some 2s with me fellow darkspear shaman

1 Like

just to add my comment, the shaman on my account was the very first toon i created way back in bc, i have 123 days played on him and from legion to bfa i have like 6 days played, enhance has always been my favorite spec in the game, i really liked the gameplay because the gameplay is the most important aspect for me over being overpowered or underpowered.

Legion introduced a new gameplay and i’m still furious and have a sour taste in my mouth, i really really don’t like the rockbitter and maelstrom system, i also hate how buffs like frostbrand or flametongue have to be refreshed so often, it doesn’t add any depth to the spec.

Enhace is the master of no elements at all, i really wish they would just scrap the current gameplay and return the old one but that won’t happen in this xpac so for now, i’m trying to undust my shaman and have some fun with elemental

7 Likes

Enhance was broken at the start of the expansion, super OP

It needs its healing nerfs reverted, same shaman i crit healing surges for 45k and get 20k crits as enhance.

Tho Askronnie is like 2800 rn as enhance and everyone says his damage is insane and only loses to like DKs on meters in Arena

1 Like

enhance will not be seen rank one this season whatsoever, ONLY bc they ruined it. prove me wrong

2 Likes