Blizzard Fresh

Don’t take it seriously then. Go back to private servers if things are so swell there :woman_shrugging: Not sure why this warrants discussion.

1 Like

Time: 1hr 11mins 13seconds (or copy and paste the link itself)

4 Likes

So the fact that Blizzard addressed and fixed that mistake and actually has the correct data, values, percentages for everything 1.12 compared to how pservers run on 1.12 and can’t fix any of their guesstimates because they don’t actually know means nothing?

Edit: Even funnier, if vanilla pservers continue to exist aftet Classic they will probably update their information to Classics data values

1 Like

please indicate in the 2 hour and 46 minute video the timestamp of were they say the stat values of items was guess work, because to my understanding Nano discusses proc rates and not primary stat and secondary stat values.

That concept wont exist for atleast 3 years for Classic.

I can assure you the health of classic servers doesn’t depend on your attendance, and that the core of conversation in other discussions on the Classic forums doesn’t and will not center around private servers. You received a detailed answer to your question and made it clear that you prefer private servers. There is no further information to offer other than whats been presented; it seems like you should have what you need.

Like you said, don’t take it seriously. Thanks for stopping by.

1 Like

Bleh, I forgot they stripped it. 1hr 11 mins 13secs.

Even in year 5, not everyone’s alt has Thunderfury or full T3.
People will want to deck their mains and alts in T3 before that is even a thought.

I’m sorry I forgot I was only person playing private and thinking of playing Classic.

Go back to r/wowservers.

5 Likes

Thanks for that, I totally understand your opinion now and mine feels a little more flexible having heard that. I would still argue that doing guesswork has value over pushing out 1.12 items for a players experience. I understand the idea of non progressive itemization from the perspective of not wanting to do guesswork, though I don’t agree. The way Nano presented to me sounded like they weren’t sure of the patch or whether the stat template was correct from the database, given the time it was taken, not whether the values like stamina on t1 mage chest was completely fabricated.

All the publicly visible data is fine. That’s the 60% automated.

But take [Ironfoe] for example. What’s the proc rate on it? What’s the drop rate from Emperor? Those were values only Blizzard had, and everyone else guessed at or only had approximations.

Anything that the client knew, Nostalrius knew. But they didn’t know the actual values for stuff only in the database.

Yeah stuff like that have to 100% be incorrect and you can see now on current servers were they have nerfed IF proc rate so much so that no one even uses it. The proc rate of an Item like Hand of Justice which every melee uses has been adjusted in current servers to the point that it’s value has been greatly diminished. Things like proc rates being in 1.12 state is fine.

Bonereaver is often used example but an apt one that if you look at the progression of it’s stats it goes from being a good choice to the best choice, many on pservers get this item and just bank it until it’s updated in 1.10

My issue isn’t simply item progression, it’s also that there are many unknowns still on this project and many of the people I talk to daily, because I play this daily share these concerns. The paradigm I have to constantly view this project is just another private server, because in today’s video game market people sell hype and not games. I’m not going to blindly play a bad version of the game because of hype.

LOL I can’t believe such an obvious troll post got this many serious responses.

5 Likes

Good can come of bad, if the community wants it. :grin:

Uhhhh,

-AV will not be in at launch
-BoP loot trading will only be available in Raids such as MC–not 5 player dungeons
-No PvP rewards at launch.

1 Like

So many private server players in this thread seem really upset their favorite private server(s) will be dead when Classic is out.

I’m just waiting till launch when we get cries of how “inauthentic” Classic is because “This isn’t how it was on private servers!”

There will be a progressive release of gear, but not weapon stat changes.

Why no weapon stat changes? I assume because it is too confusing for new players, isn’t good game design, they may not actually have all the past tables, and it would be a significant amount of work(Apparently you have to individually update every single table in the game).

As far as we know there are not any purchasable services. And no they have not released a schedule yet, only the order in which things will be released… which is in 6 phases.

You’d also have to do client-side patches so that the tooltips reflect each and every change accurately.

I think Blizzard wants as few patches as possible for Classic – reserving them only for when they upgrade the servers to new hardware, etc., to keep the game running alongside Retail. It’s essentially going to be in maintenance mode right out the gate.