Blizzard Fresh

Hey, I’ve heard a little bit about this fresh Vanilla project Blizzard is doing and I was wondering if they had a timeline posted out of when they were going to release everything? Also someone said they might not have progressive itemization and pretty much every server I’ve played on for the past 5 years had it, why is it going to be scuffed? Also is there going to be a shop for these servers like tokens or purchasable services? I also don’t support server groups that do this. Thanks for any and all information.

No shop so far, nor tokens etc.

Is there content plan atm.

3 Likes

This Blizzlike server is going to be different from others in a lot of ways. It’s totally a totally authentic and faithful Vanilla experience… except for:

BfA game client
1.12 AV at launch
Potential sharding at launch
No wall jumping
Class bug fixes
BoP loot trading
No progressive itemization
1.12 PvP rewards at the launch of the honor system

1 Like

Yikes… seems like another lazy cash grab server, might have to pass on this one.

1 Like

I forgot to mention, a 15$/month donation is required to play.

1 Like

Another troll be trollin’ mon

10 Likes

I pay 15 dollars a month to post on these forums, money isn’t the issue. It’s whether some schmuck buys lionheart helm, or shells out IRL cash so they don’t have to put in the hours on your character to farm consumes for raid night.

If you’ve read my post you’d know it’s not like that silly head. Also you don’t need a Sub to post on here, only a toon + level 10.

1/2 Troll as a pserver player these are my thoughts about Classic i’m not sure why I should even take this project serious without progressive itemzation if 5 euros with a duct tape 1.12 client can do it then Blizzard shouldn’t have a problem. Unless they fired all the smart people cause they are “tainted”

Timeline for release yes, release date, no.

Because Private Servers pulled all the hidden settings out of thin air, even Blizzard doesn’t know what they were. No progressive itemisation because it can never be accurate.

I’m sure there will be many, and Blizzard will do everything it can to shut them down, just like Vanilla.

A lot of stuff is unconfirmed right now, but we know they’re taking a 7.3.5 Legion client and changing it to work like it’s a 1.12 client only with all the security updates they’ve had over the years.

Somebody made a thread covering everything that’s been actually confirmed by Blizzard, rather than hearing about it from people who are inherently biased.

Other than that, there are a few inauthentic things on the table right now like the 2 hour BoP loot trade window which is restricted to raids only.

Progressive itemization has neither been confirmed nor denied. They have only said they will start off using pre-1.10 “Drop rates and locations”. They didn’t say anything about stats.

The biggest concern brought up there is getting an authentic database of the original itemization. We don’t really want the guesswork that the private servers do. Online archives don’t cover everything like proc rates on weapons.

4 Likes

Have you got a source quote for that?

It’s in the Classic Content Plan post at the top. They specifically note:

We’ve gone back and reconstructed many of the most heavily affected drop tables as they existed prior to the 1.10 patch, and we’re planning to update the drop tables alongside the Ahn’Qiraj War Effort. Prior to the Ahn’Qiraj unlock, most of the drop rates and locations will look as they did in the patches prior to 1.10

The Phase 5 content also says " * Dungeon loot reconfiguration: Tier 0.5 Dungeon gear, Relics, drop rates and location changes"

Thus far they haven’t said anything about the actual stats to my knowledge.

2 Likes

Thanks. Missed the note specific to 1.10. I knew they were changing when gear was available, but I didn’t see the specific patch note.

It implies that they have at least 1 backup prior to 1.10 that accurately covers all item drop rates. I wonder what else they have “in its entirety” from that.

2 Likes

PvP itemization will also be impacted by progressive itemization.

From the PvP Content Plan:
One thing to note is that there were a couple of updates to these vendors over the course of the original patch releases, so some items won’t be available right away. For example, the Spell Penetration trinkets available from the Warsong Gulch vendor weren’t introduced until Patch 1.9, so we’re currently thinking that we’ll add these in phase 5.

1 Like

so the two sites with patch by patch breakdowns of item changes are inaccurate? I’m speaking of itemization .info and itemization .github .io how do you know they pulled out thin air?

I suppose you would have to go looking for it so I guess it’s not “common” knowledge but the fact that pservers are all pretty much guesswork is pretty much well known at this point.

Because on every podcast they get asked that question, they say so.

I’m talking about the settings behind things like proc rates, mob spawns, drop rates and the like. All the settings that were kept in the Blizzard database are guesses on private servers, or intentionally buffed/nerfed in order to solve a problem. The Nostalrius core is literally “We guessed at the things we didn’t know”. Its easy to know what was in the client. Its impossible to know what the actual settings in the Blizzard database were. Even Blizzard lost most of the backups.

1 Like

Those are online databases that are only as accurate or inaccurate as the people who input the data into them.

Which, unless it was Blizzard themselves, we have no way of verifying every last bit of information.

There are some people here who don’t like the “almost but not quite” nature of private servers in regards to authenticity and would prefer authentic 1.12 to estimated progressive patches.

It’s one thing to know what the original T1 stats were. It’s quite another to know the authentic proc rates of Nightfall or Ironfoe.

1 Like

Blizzard messed up a primary stat on the demo… the guesswork of a private server vs blizzard data means nothing if you can’t script a primary stat.

1 Like