Blizzard, for the love of Azeroth, please fix our armories

New features are still being added to the armory all the time. For example just a couple of weeks ago they added a light-up border when you hover over a piece of equipment on a player’s armory and they also completely refurbished the guild armory pages which also include fancy graphs. Earlier in the year they added the M+ tracking display which was a huge feature.

So how can they be adding all these new features when the achievement point numbers for a huge majority of characters in the game are still bugged? This is a well-known issue in the community since they’ve been bugged since patch 7.3.5 which released on January 15th 2018 - That’s almost a year and a half now. Our armories only show character-specific achievement points when they should be showing our total achievement points. I have 25k total achievement points and on all my characters it only shows the character-specific number for example. The “Only show character-specific achievements” option in the game’s menu has absolutely no bearing on this being bugged at all.

Add to this that the Achievements panel has been bugged for a few months now to only show very few Profession and Reputation achievements being complete on the overview when players have completed much more than that. My armory is a good example of this since I’m exalted with every faction in the game yet my armory only shows the Reputation category as being only 3% completed.

I’d like to invite anyone who has been having this issue or related ones to post in or like this thread to actually try to get Blizzard’s attention on the subject since this has been going on for a ridiculously long time now and reflects really badly on their website side of things despite all the new features they’ve added. Hopefully working together we can get something to change.

4 Likes

I agree one hundred percent on this! I have over 19,000 account-wide achievement points and this is reflected on neither the armory nor forums. It has not been confirmed by Blizzard as a bug as far as I can tell or even acknowledged, but whether it is a deliberate change foisted on us or not, we did not ask for it. I honestly believe they just overlook it because they think it is not worth taking the time to fix. Most people want account-wide points. Our armories are misleading and cumbersome for raiders. Players should have the right to opt-in to displaying account-wide points.

3 Likes

Here’s hoping we see a fix for this in the 8.2 patch. It’s clearly some sort of issue of the website not reading the character data properly after logout so maybe they can fix that somehow and include it in a patch.

1 Like

Yeah, this needs fixing. It should default to account-wide achievement points, with an option to opt-in and just show character-level points.

3 Likes

Well here we are in 8.2 and nothing has changed in this regard and instead some other bizarre changes have been made to the armory.

• Companion pets no longer show custom names. Our active battle pets also used to be highlighted in their own special section but that was removed several months ago for some reason. I guess maybe they don’t want offensive custom names making their way to their site but that doesn’t explain why Hunter pets got to keep their custom names on the site.

• Mount rarity is no longer displayed and as a result all mounts have white names. Not the biggest change but it was a useful feature for separating out the more prestigious mounts from the lowbie ones.

• The World Event section of the Achievements panel seems to have bugged out and now shows 0% on a lot of people’s profiles. This is pretty ironic for me since I’m sitting in the high 90s in completion percentage as it’s one of my best categories.

I’m pretty disappointed in Blizzard and I don’t really have much hope for the armory at this stage. I could see the character-specific achievement display bug reaching its 2-year birthday easily. FF14’s lodestone pages are a great example of how to do an armory page properly and also have a lot of useful features available when you log in. That’s the kind of website experience Blizzard should be trying to emulate instead of whatever they think they’re doing here.

Edit: Character titles are back but that seems to be the only positive change.

3 Likes

8.15 nuked professions and reputation display and 8.2 nuked world events.

Anyone want to wager what gets wrecked in 8.3?

BTW, I don’t think Blizzard monitors this forum. Things go unfixed for way too long. Bush league company.

1 Like