Blizzard Finally Responded to Beta Feedback!

And this is what we get…

I’d like to thank them for really hearing the collective complaints of the demon hunter community.

Because if we want them focusing on anything, it’s borrowed powers.

Feel free to take a look at their response in the monk feedback forums. They also replied there today.

9 Likes

…oh joy. The abilities were doody and all but this does nothing to address the core issues pertaining to the class nor does it explain why they felt the need to gut self healing on the second best sustain tank by 25% yet DKs are a-okay (despite the NF nerf).

4 Likes

This is how it feels:

“Hey, blizzard. The floors are giving way. We have no foundation.”

“EVERYONE, LOOK! WE’RE CHANGING THE PAINTING ON THE WALL”!

16 Likes

Blizzard didnt only miss the mark they’re firing backwards

7 Likes

At this point I’m pretty convinced they wish they had never introduced the dh class in the first place.

Surely if they hadn’t they could prioritize their focus on patch / expansion systems instead of reasonable class / spec design, which is all the entire player-base has been asking for since… the beginining.

1 Like

A little dramatic?

4 Likes

Hardly. Pretty obvious they’ve no idea what they’re doing with the class

4 Likes

Yesterday we saw core changes to Arms and SPS that just smooths out and improves their gameplay, so they’re clearly able to read, comprehend and implement feedback. Which means they just don’t care about HDH or we’re going to be an 11th hour improvement with a whole host of new issues introduced right before SL. At this point I don’t believe it’s the latter.

2 Likes

DHs: Our class is broken and in dire need of fixing.

Blizzard: Let’s fix something not related to the class!

It’s like going to the ER with 2 broken femurs and they put you through kidney dialysis to fix it.

Thanks, Blizz. Thanks.

It actually has been a successful class so far. Their SL changes have just been horrible and pretty much unwanted by the vast majority of the DH community. It lends itself to the government saying: if it ain’t broke, fix it 'til it is. That is what they have done with DH in SL so far. I still hold out hope that DH will remain fun somehow…

5 Likes

Well, we’ve always had problems with having a meaningful baseline toolkit, or, rather, not having one.

BFA simply masked those issues once we got a second layer of primary azerite traits.

I don’t think being shoehorned into a single play style for an entire expansion is good design, either. Would really appreciate a revision to momentum to make it actually viable. I love demonic transformation, but it’s just not that. Doesn’t change anything about the rotation, in its current design

1 Like

This has happened to a lot of classes over the years. Sword rogues for 3 expansions had very little variance. Sure, one expansion favored haste, while another it was armor pen. But from Vanilla to the end of LK, about the only big change was the addition of a bleed finisher added to the finisher list of SnD and Evis. Granted, there were two other builds that could be played: sin, which was rarely taken until Trial of the crusader, and sub, which was rarely used outside of pvp.

This is the problem - and I believe you agree with me - of using borrowed power to “fix” a class instead of giving the class a complete toolkit to start off with. The legion artifact traits should have largely been baked into the class at the start of BfA (as we were dishonestly promised 3 years ago), and the massive nerfs at the start of SL alpha (that carried largely into beta, and it seems, will be going live…) went way overboard. Hence the blizzard idiom: if it’s worth nerfing, it’s worth nerfing into the ground and then shoveling a huge pile of crap on top of it.

6 Likes

I realized today that i’ve allowed character changes and tuning in a video game to cause me way more anxiety and worry than it deserves.

We probably all could do with taking a step back and waiting for the prepatch, because the hysterics aren’t helping anyone.

To wit, the last 30 comments of the DH beta thread are a back and forth of how angry and disappointed people are, with virtually no useful feedback. If you want people with the power to make changes to stop paying attention to what you’re saying, that’s the way.

4 Likes

I don’t know what thread you’re reading. I just took a look and the last comments are a back and forth about people discussing improvements to vengeance demon hunter. There are few of those comments, absolutely. But the thread is predominantly constructive. Even in the midst of anger and frustration, people still voice concerns and valid criticisms / suggestions.

If you suffered stress / anxiety from this, i would definitely agree you take a step back. But based on what I’m seeing and this comment it looks like you’re making things out to be bigger than they are.

I’m not hysterical, by any means.

1 Like

You seem to be feeling things pretty strongly, but I can only judge from what I read. Have a good one!

2 Likes

Just the way I type. Speaking formally has a tendency to come off as more aggressive than it is.

You too!

1 Like

Its kind of fun to crawl inside our own heads and theorycraft perfection.

But its so much harder to implement. 90% of what Haugs suggests is awesome, with the remaining 10% being stuff I can get behind.

But I still love this class. And will still main it.

Blizz has obviously decided the class has achieved whatever level of balance and fun their internal metrics demand. Best make peace with it.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve really always wanted to be a demon hunter. It’s hard to imagine not maining it. I’m definitely gonna put a lot more focus in also playing my spriest, but I think I’ll always be a havoc dh main.

I love the class and I just want it to be designed better is all. It doesn’t have to be the most complex by any means, but really it’d just be nice to get something. I mean first blood being baseline would do wonders in and of itself.

That said…

Think you’re right, unfortunately. I don’t mind talking about the state of dh but what we see is what we’re getting. “Best Make peace with it”. Agreed

2 Likes

I really do like your ideas. Based on what I’ve seen from Blizz developers I bet they do too.

There are just managerial constraints on what they can/cannot do.

I still like your content, videos, and posts. Good ideas are still good to hear.

I hope you don’t get discouraged too much.

2 Likes

In that case, wouldn’t it make sense to speak in such a way that you convey the intended amount of aggression, rather than more?

1 Like

So, a few posts ago you decided it would be best to take a step back and not worry about class changes until pre-patch.

In lieu of this, you’re here talking to me about my… sentence structure?

I was hoping this conversation was over. Just wanted to point out the irony to you, but this isn’t a conversation I find worthwhile by any means. “Have a good one!”

1 Like