Blizzard CS on twitter says

For those who dont use twitter.

2 Likes

inb4 they were not prepared

but really there’s nothing they can do to prevent a DDOS attack except beg people to not be jerks I guess

2 Likes

Blizzard don’t have the structure to handle the load of players and now blame DDoS, indie game company

4 Likes

Damage control

2 Likes

FYI for blizzard too many logins is not = to a DDoS attack

2 Likes

tweeter is the devil

I suspect that as well but who knows

Read the tweet again.

You mean like buying ddos protection services or having a second isp? Impossible couldnt use any of bobbies bonus to improve quality.

1 Like

lol people still use that twitter garbo.

It’s on the launcher, too.

Yeah you’re right they must be doing this on purpose because they hate us, that makes more sense.

Protection only goes so far. A large enough wave of DDoS will overwhelm the protection, a secondary, and even a third, ISP.

People just don’t know what they’re talking about. Filtering incoming requests is basically playing whack-a-mole. There’s a reason the entire industry suffers from it; if it were so easy as to just pay extra to avoid it people would. Yet it keeps happening.

There are two options:

1. People who shout about how easy it is to defend against are idiots.
  2. Companies just don’t care about being DDoS’d and readily available solutions exist that the entire industry is just ignoring.

I’m going with the former, so we’re clear.

3 Likes

We get DDOS’d and we are just a small ISP with a few servers its annoying and its hard to stop

I love it when people just get this thought in their mind that just because blizzard is a big company that they should be immune to stuff like this lol.

That’s not how this works.

Remember when classic got ddosed for the first couple weeks of launch by that kid in Russia or something? I wonder what ever happened to that guy.

1 Like

Harsh but fair.

1 Like

He was arrested.

Hello everyone. We wanted to return to this subject and put some closure on it. As always, It is our top priority to resolve any issues that prevent players from having a smooth gameplay experience.

Immediately after the Distributed Denial of Service attacks against our game service began, the Blizzard Security Team worked around the clock with local and international law enforcement agencies to track down the source of the DDoS. It is our understanding that, within a few days, authorities were able to successfully identify and arrest a suspect.

We really appreciate your patience and understanding.

I remember reading that I just didn’t know if and how long he went to jail for it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.