Can't Hold Player Interest

Yes to that. I would even go further and say that pvp in general is a massive undertaking and as we saw, will always cut heavily into pve talents and roles.

you call whats in bfa content?

No, I call BFA trash.

3 Likes

Is this what esports have become? The scapegoat for all our problems?

BfA doesn’t focus on raiders.

5 Likes

End game development is cheaper as it is now. This is their primary motivation for designing the game like it is now. Sorta started in Mists and has just gotten worse.

4 Likes

Actually back during wrath esports was a totally different animal. Wrath and the beginning of cata was the peak for WoW. Im sure it may have been helpful back then.

Now esports is more for a game like overwatch. I agree blizzard should leave WoW out of esports, or at least less focus on it.

Again i would be amazed to ever see WoW have near the player’s wrath did, nor does it need to. I think comparing to wrath is unfair to blizzard. WoW is still a great game, with a bit of love to leveling/ bring back good old RPG mode. Plus the style of end game they have created, it would be golden.

2 Likes

So ummm… sounds like a wordy way of saying they’re keeping your interest.

Any game, even MMOs that can keep someone’s interest for 6 months isn’t bad. If they can hold it for a year then it’s a pretty solid game. 2 years and it’s a good game. 3 years and it’s a great game.

14 years… and then for someone to act like WoW can’t hold a player’s interest? Yea… ok buddy.

Yes! I really think heirlooms have harmed the game and what made each character unique.

(Yes, my Dark Iron uses them. I can’t find a helmet or shoulders for her >.<)

Assuming you’re right, blizzard has a terrible perspective of what casuals want.

2 Likes

What do casuals want?

why do you think bfa is failing bad?..lol.they have no clue i think most of the casuals are gone now along with alot of hard core.

No they are not keeping my interest. There is a quality difference in interest and it is applied here.

WoW can’t offer me a fun class experience and thus is not a great game. It offers me theme park level experience with some minor cosmetic goals.

I always check back in to see, if they finally learned how to fix classes and offer me a fun ride. They always fail. Always.

But because there is a lack of modern mmo games out there - for me -, i come back to do boring world quests or farm for a piece of equipment to transmog later on. At no point in time would i say “wow, this is so much fun! I don’t want to stop”.

So yeah, it is actually ok to believe this, “buddy”.

7 Likes

I just had an 80’s Miami Vice synthwave theme song from WoW idea.

For the Blizzard Store that is…

Lol… do you know how ridiculous you sound? Have you tried… oh, I don’t know… just NOT playing MMOs?

You’re like “Man… this crack just can’t get me high anymore but there’s no other drug I’m interested in so I guess I’ll just keep on sniffing this crack”. Maybe just be a normal person and stop doing something if you’re not enjoying it… sounds crazy, I know.

5 Likes

free burrito’s?

2 Likes

It’s easy to bet the wrong horse when the decision makers in chief almost ALL play the game the same way. Who exactly was in meetings advocating for what non-raider/M+ players enjoy?

I think the dismissive attitude of the devs for those who don’t raid comes through crystal clear in BfA. “Oh they just want easy high level gear and pets.”

3 Likes

You know, it isn’t that hard. It doesn’t even matter if you are hardcore or casual: We all want to log on and feel like we can work a little at making our character progress in some meaningful way. Some like to try to down a boss in a raid, some like to go gather materials and make stuff, some like to complete collections, some like to make gold.

We just all want to feel like our virtual efforts are getting us somewhere, right?

And this is where Blizzard has screwed up so badly. They have systematically made playing feel more and more meaningless for almost every kind of player. They nerf and remove and prune until we all feel like nothing matters because whatever you achieve is going to be randomly taken away anyway.

10 Likes

yea and the sad part is that the raids are good like you said but a casual has no reason to go into them. if you want gear, you can wait a few months and catch up your ilevel. the appearances are lackluster with no tier bonuses so even less of a reason to do lfr/normal. BFA needed a big and long collection questline like Balance of Power of course not sure what the reward would be since artifacts are gone.

1 Like

People use to push for raiding and 3s when gear was locked behind raiding and content and gear was locked behind mythic or old school heroic.

This is why they can’t balance around players. Too many quit, or don’t play 3/4 of the available content and complain that there is nothing to do.

It’s comedy to see how many people post in threads like this that don’t raid, don’t pvp, don’t do M+, and or do anything remotely competitive. They turn a mmo into a solo player game and wonder there isn’t “much” for them to do.

3 Likes