Out Of Touch - Caravan Brutosaur

They have just made a Blue post regarding the Caravan Brutosaur mount’s AH access.

Basically saying “The AH vendor isn’t going anywhere, not sure where that conclusion has come from as it’s never been mentioned by us”

This is either them purposefully deflecting the attention from the removal of the mount itself or they are actually that careless and unaware of what their playerbases actually issues with some of their decisions are.

Blizz, this wasn’t the issue people are concerned about, the issue was with the removal of the mount being purchasable at all.

How about address the real issue?

Edit: Understood and maybe my wording was not ideal.

I wasn’t trying to say the removal of AH wasn’t an issue… But it was a player created, non-confirmed issue which I put zero thought into if there is no back up proof from Blizz. (Why get involved in speculation with zero factual basis?)

Whereas the removal of the mount itself is very much a Blizzard confirmed issue which I feel needs their direct review and assessment but has not (and most likely will not) get any reply or statement from them

The only one clueless here is you. This is them quashing misinformation that the playerbase began to spread not only in the mega thread but in new threads as well.

12 Likes

I asked for the AH vendor to removed for a recolor version of the mount to be obtainable elsewhere. Somehow this request has been morphed into “it will absolutely be removed.”

This topic is YOU being out of touch.

They’re not concerned about whether or not people have an issue with the Brutosaur moving to the BMAH. They DO have a concern about the false information being spread around that the AH vendor will be removed from the Brutosaur mount.

Just because YOU’RE not hearing what YOU want to hear doesn’t mean Blizzard is out of touch. They’ve made their decision on the Brutosaur and they’re squashing a false rumor. Those are two separate things.

Move this to the mega topic.

6 Likes

I actually wanted them to confirm or deny that because for some people that would be a huge issue if they went to the time and bother of farming all that gold and having that AH removed or worse paid out $600 and then have it removed.

I’m glad they quashed the rumor that the AH NPC would be removed from the mount. More importantly, they tipped their hand as to the real reason for mount removal here:

They want to be able to use the AH to keep funneling players into the old capital cities so the game doesn’t look like a wasteland. Same reason portals around the world were gutted and put in the portal rooms. Same reason we can’t have an AH in current content capitals. They want the illusion of a thriving population.

5 Likes

I wish they never put that damn AH on it in the first place. Now we can’t have a sauropod mount anymore :sob:.

Understood and maybe my wording was not ideal.

I wasn’t trying to say the removal of AH wasn’t an issue… But it was a player created, non-confirmed issue which I put zero thought into if there is no back up proof from Blizz. (Why get involved in speculation with zero factual basis?)

Whereas the removal of the mount itself is very much a Blizzard confirmed issue which I feel needs their direct review and assessment but has not (and most likely will not) get any reply or statement from them

1 Like

They did. Over time inflation will occur and make the ah mount as common as the repair mount. This is not the design intent. The design intent is not for the AH mount to be purchased by everyone and would require constant tuning to the price to keep with inflation if not removed.

1 Like

But what harm would come from it? Aside from not being able to artificially pad the populations of SW and Org with bank alts AFK in front of the auctioneers?

2 Likes

Exactly, how is extra access to AH any more useful or detrimental than all the different cloaks, rings, portals, wormholes and other profession items and toys to make life easier in game? You can have remote mail access etc…Whats the difference?

Define artificial? Because by the game design implementation of the word, giving players legitimate use and reason to go to the city is not artificial. Either way, WoD has already showed us what happens when city perks are thrown out from the city. The cities dissapear and the game feels twice as dead leading to a whole bunch of “WOW city is empty, game dead posts”.

1 Like

Not necessarily… Using the AH feature of the mount still requires you to be out in the world somewhere that you could run into other players.

Garrisons you are in a phased zone

1 Like

Out in the world isn’t the concern. Especially with CRZ+ phasing allowing them to perfectly put as many people as they want in the world for you to see at a time. Players get alot of their sense of the world from the populations in the city.

1 Like

The issue with garrisons wasn’t the perks, it was phasing everyone into their own city. The AH mount doesn’t phase you out of the world, it just keeps you from being tied to old-world capitals and allows you to remain in current content.

If they want the old cities to look populated, they need to keep them in the flow of the game rather than isolating the relevant content of each expansion to a handful of new zones. If they aren’t willing to do that, then they should make the new zones fully self-contained rather than trying to force players into the “dev approved” cities.

…Is it bad that I want to get a second WoW account to place a level 20 character on an AH Brutosaur in one of the new expansion cities just to spite this train of thought?

1 Like

That’s assuming they aren’t lying about removing the AH, which they might be.

No, I think that would be amazing if you did it. :smiley:

The “force 'em into SW/Org” mentality does nothing to benefit the game, it just makes those cities look better without them having to add actual content that would make the older cities relevant.

It was there was no perks from garrisons, them being in their own phase wouldn’t matter because they would constantly be leaving to interact with the world and in this case cities. All the other MMOs with instanced player housing (at least that ive played) confirm this.

Sure, if you took away the mine, the garden, the barn, and the mission table as well as the bank and AH. Oh, and gave players something to do in the world once they hit max level, besides raid.

The problems with WoD went far, far beyond “but players can have an AH in their garrison!”