Blizzard can you confirm the ranking mistake

Present calculations suggest you have either made a mistake in the implementation of your new system, or you have deviated from your original intended change to the system. Please shed some light here, thank you.

6 Likes

Blizzard is infallible. Blizzard is all. Blizzard is everything.

But seriously they suck at implementing new processes onto old ones. I’m sure they just messed up the coding and will fix it eventually.

Yep no doubt an error in a branch they used and then committed or something…

As a person who has never ranked, doesn’t really know the formula for ranking, and is only level 30 right now, can you explain what ranking behavior was expected vs what ranking behavior actually took place?

Thanks!

Blizzard made a statement on the ranking for SoM that it would be quicker. However so far the ranking is playing out exactly as it did in classic and there’s no apparent change to the system - estimates for ranks following the old math pretty accurately. Be it you had the highest bracket on your server for honor or in a more casual bracket everyone has received the ranks from the old system.

Yep, they outlined a change that should cause you to be awarded twice the contribution points per week. Thus far the contribution points coming in are reflecting the old systems values for calculating them.

See more:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-decay-clarification/1128538

It definitely seems like a mistake, I hope blizzard will address it in a post…

There is no war in Ba Sing Se

You can only get 4 ranks a week no matter how much rp you get… if you got rank 4 you reached the max most likely…

1 Like

This needs to be answered. EU has already had their second reset and there were no changes whatsoever from the original system. We had a blue post saying we would have changes to ranking but the observable data is clear that those were not implemented. We need a blue post explanation.

2 Likes

Its working perfectly fine, you don’t notice it at the beginning because the decay is halved and the decay is unnoticeable at the beginning. You will notice it later. Please try to read upon subjects you spout your opinion on before spouting such opinion. I think they teach this in school, no?

Its about how much they reduced the decay. People thinking they be rank 8 just made assumptions.

If everything is the same as it was that’s concerning. It would be nice to know what’s going on.

Especially if the decay is still 20%.

Educate yourself, there are no assumptions here. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-decay-clarification/1128538

Your opinion that decay is halved is not mathematically equivalent to what they have explicitly outlined. It’s just guess work on your part.

1 Like

wait, are you telling me they made the decay even worse than before?

I’m telling you what they outlined in their post is equivalent to what I just linked you. At this stage it’s unclear whether they since decided to not implement it in that fashion or they made a mistake.

if they made decay 40% then im gonna quit i only played because i thought PvP would be fun to gear with

It amounts to the same system we had prior but everything is accelerated. It is possible that somewhere between the time of their blue post and now they’ve decided against that change but they’ve not made an announcement regarding it. The trick with just altering decay is

1. you need to rescript the current code, not the end of the world.

2. even br9/10 will be getting r14 likely before aq40.

Just some clarity on their part would be nice.

yea so what, let ppl have fun. if they 2x the contribution points but also 2x the decay, then it will be the same system wont even be accelerated. It will be literally hte same.

Nah you will get r14 in 6 weeks etc. it is still twice as fast.