Blizzard can we get cross realm dungeon and raid finder?

Although it was added in Wotlk, can we please get cross realm dungeon/raid finder? I feel as though there are many of us in who’d like it and it’d make it easier to dungeon grind. Blizzard please add it to BC

13 Likes

The dungeon finder is credited with being a huge contributor toward present day retail’s toxic culture, so… no.

When it comes in WotLK, sure, I’ll be making good use of it. But I’m not going to advocate for jumping the gun.

37 Likes

Also, it’d be better so I can do dungeons with my friends on other realms. Blizz should just add it

4 Likes

Nah.

26 Likes

I think this is the first I’ve heard of anything being credited with being a huge contributor to “toxic culture,” in WoW.

However, cross-realm (anything really) does often get attributed as one of the major causes of the lack of community in Retail now.

2 Likes

It was the first time you could do a lot of the in-game content without socializing with others, and no repercussions for behaviour.

16 Likes

False. You still have to communicate with players through cross realm dungeons and raids.

1 Like

You mean all those random dungeons I’ve joined where we started and finished without a single person talking never happened?

Incidentally, if something goes wrong, those silent people tend to suddenly start talking… and usually not in socially healthy ways.

10 Likes

In your opinion. You are saying you can’t communicate with other cross realm players, that is not true. Last time I checked you can, right?

Please OP, like the other #ProChange’s threads can you edit your post and add the famous “Since TBC Classic is #SomeChange can you add…”

1 Like

No one said they “can’t.”

(Although that said, when they don’t speak your language I guess you actually can’t.)

Just because you can communicate with randoms you have never met and will never see again, doesn’t mean most people do. Dungeons are radio silent in nearly every case in modern WoW. It’s boring, it’s not social, and the only time we tend to communicate is either at the start of an expansion/content patch or to flame each other.

There’s no place for it during an era of the game that strongly pushed the community aspect. LFD alone makes me question if I’d play Classic Wrath, if it launched with it.

11 Likes

agree for people who don’t like it just don’t use it. We have cross-realm bg why can’t we have dungeon finder?

1 Like

No. The farthest I would ever go is same server dungeon finder. Outside of that, no, no no and No.

12 Likes

Yeah no thanks

3 Likes

While I agree that the dungeon/raid/Xrealm tools that was not in TBC shouldn’t be in TBC Classic either I’m not really sure they created todays toxic community.
The tools are never the problem, it’s how they are used. So while they certainly make it easier being a douche, I feel that the problem goes deeper than that and that it has more to do with society as a whole getting more hostile.

2 Likes

I would be good with this. I’m ok with a same server dungeon group finder, but not XRealm. The lack of accountability fostered by XRealm groups lead to the toxic dungeon group experience that grew out of dungeon finder.

3 Likes

I hope the version of the RDF we get in Wrath Classic is limited to your server. I’d be fine with that. Otherwise, I hope its removal is one change they make for Wrath.

8 Likes

They helped create an even more toxic community. Same realm finder would work fine. Outside of that, no.

2 Likes

Maybe in your experience but not most. There is a reason why blizz added it in Wotlk and they should just add it to BC.

1 Like