Blizzard blue post on inflation and titles (today)

Was a funny quote.

Mainly because the current devs forgot this game was built on both pve and pvp principles, because most devs who still play are only pve players.

3 Likes

Love, and support me.

1 Like

shuffle merely only had to be below average to explode in popularity compared to premades.

1 Like

Now its my time to shine! Bring on the inflation :rofl:

Edit… I will say tho last night I was queing 3s at 2.1 mmr and you would have thought they were awc games. Multiple r1 teams and literal sweaty matches. Was brutal fun but brutal so some inflation will def be good for the bracket.

More incentives for my 1500 brethren? I’m curious what will come of this.

1 Like

prob end up making conq from shuffle like 100 for first win then 10 per win after or something

3 Likes

Hmm this will be interesting

Probably sparkles on the seasonal ground mount.

I hope not.

Incentivizing one shouldn’t be done at the cost of de-incentivizing the other.

Nuking conquest gains will suck no matter what or where they do it.

There needs to be better incentives than just gear currency.

Revamp the honor level system, it’s horrific. I don’t even pay attention to it because it’s so bad and awkward.

What about a tabard or cosmetics for winning a certain amount of games per season?

Like the bloody tabard. I thought that was cool af when I started playing. I get now that it’s just a participation trophy for winning 300 arenas, but still, something is better than nothing.

They have the mount now, but once you get that it’s just saddles which become useless and unsellable lol.

Semi-cool participation and moderate success trophies are better for everyone.

More people queuing = more in the ladder = natural inflation.

And more fun.

1 Like

:persevere: :persevere: :persevere:
honestly when i read that i felt it was targeted at youre boy

1 Like

Well there’s baseline inflation and activity inflation

For example MMR cap is 3300 with max participation (that’s what it is in shuffle)

The MMR cap used to gradually be raised when they were putting in passive inflation like in past seasons

But it hasn’t changed at all

Shuffle will prob get more inflated as well too but so will 3s is what I assume will happen but at least that means people can get gladiator in 3s which will increase participation

1 Like

agree and disagree

i don’t know if i personally would call it de-incentivizing but shuffle shouldn’t give access to the season elite set / tabard / enchant
it should offer an armor type elite set like we had in bfa+sls1 and potentially a different tabard for 2400 with legend

shuffle is a really cool addition that crushes a lot of the barriers to entry
but rewards coming from 3v3 would be the incentive that make lfg worth using
and lfg being worth using naturally fixes a lot of the issues lfg had

100%

honor level system is probably too far gone at this point but it was such a missed opportunity

it had the potential to be such a cool “evergreen” system that just added too the game for free

2 Likes

Sounds good man with that +20 rating you’ll get it next week for sure

2 Likes

thx man, appreciate the encouragement

1 Like

I would love this but I think all those artists are probably working OT to pump trader post mogs out the door lol.

1 Like

100%

BFA s1 and s2 had the warfront + normal pvp / elite sets. The alliance bfa s1 elite plate is my favorite in game (also first elite set I got, but it’s still gorgeous ). Great idea that they could/should implement.

Basic recolors of things is simple, cool, and a great way to incentivize players who like to collect stuff.

1 Like

What are you talking about?

WOW… Rating Inflation? This smacks of “participation trophies” being handed out…

This is only the forced inflation though. Natural inflation will happen when people queue