Blizzard Art Directors = Lazy AF

Ehh i wouldn’t really call them best in class, this is not 2005 anymore.

1 Like

I agree sadly it’s all game devs do in every game . Idk why . Like use some creativity use fanart concepts be creative stop just giving us multiple color palette swaps .

1 Like

Recolor apple jacks

This.

When dealing with graphic artists you ahve to ask them twice to see their portolio. The first one you get will be the nice business professional one. Nice work…but work they were paid to do it. And a decent chance work they didn’t really have a passion for. they were paid to make it to some external demand.

So…you ask them if cool with them so can show you the real portfolio. Their personal one they put the work they love doing…

Business one…you get that drawn picture showing the team aspect a company is trying sell. Looks so clean, wholesome. so…stock photos/art site ish. yawn.

Personal portfolio…sooo you like some anime I see. Damn its gorgeous. Show me more…I’d dare say even your rough works in progress would floor me. Can I see those too?

“They are working with tight budgets and future patches…” as they take the time to replace woman with fruit.

Inc recolored fruit portraits.

1 Like

Well, it’s gotten to the point where we can’t even get proper recolors on things, as described in overlooked-druid-travel-form-issues :rofl:

It is sad we didn’t even get more than one world boss for the maw/korthia. Even Nazjatar has a better selection. Just shows more laziness.

1 Like

Are you new to the game? It’s been this way since 2004.

Swing and a miss…
You’re making accusations at the wrong people. The art directors and crew are some of if not the best consistently every expansion…

1 Like

I just want to wear a robe and pointy hat that makes me feel like a caster and not a 500 lb hunk of metal.

2 Likes

IKR? Like seriously their intern can open the texture file in photoshop and move the hue bar around and call it a day.

2 Likes

They’re not thinking outside the box, nobody is and that has been the issue for 3 expansions.

1 Like

The strategy seems to be to starve players for content.

Remove the word art and you are correct.

Welcome to video game design since the beginning of time…

There’s even a female satyr in one of the artbooks! Instead of that, Legion got a basic default Satyr model that’s actually a female but looks like a male because reasons.

And need I remind you, Legion was the last expansion to have an incredibly large amount of art assets, including tier sets. Laziness was not the reason why female satyrs weren’t used. A beancounter clearly said no.

Funny enough, I’m pretty sure I read that the senior artist that provided us with the incredibly popular glasses cosmetics did it as a passion project. That same design also no long works at Blizzard due to the events of the lawsuit.

It’s not the artists fault, there is probably a lot of untapped passion they want to dive into, they’re just not being provided the budget to do so.

1 Like

Blizzard cheaps out on any model it can get away with not having a “female” variant of.

There’s half of a female Broken Draenei model in the files, untextured and without a head, for instance.

Unleash the artists!

Imagine working for a company where your ideas are shut down because those resources is somebody else’s 2022 BMW down-payment.