Blizzard addresses PvP gearing, but still misses the mark

Throwback to s1 where you’d pop out of stealth and just snap somebody in half.

This is a scathing critique and hard to hear, but I cant argue with any of it.

3 Likes

I’m hoping it’s just the holidays, but the WoW Community Council forum is already looking dead.

2 Likes

lol… seasons, they act as if this is some fare online pvp tournament that is taken seriously… Esports thinks this game is one big joke
if you cant balance around 1v1 and you have NPCs (pets) with. AI playing and its major gear based than, its total garbage
Blizzard takes their game way to serious and needs to understand that most people just want to have fun in pvp on an equal playing field
sadly they cater to the real life no life losers that only have fun when they can outgear others and play overpowerd classes that are flavour of the month or expansion
not everyone wants to waist months of their life with virtual friends raiding and doing arena to get gear in order to have an unfair advantage over others in random BGs

3 Likes

You can try and be nice sometimes too. ^

Actually all that is going to do is nullify their original action to adjust for the power creep for most players or the casuals. The casual player will feel the sting just like they were before.

Remember this:

PvP Gear Power Adjustments

Lower item-level PvP gear will now scale to a higher item-level in PvP situations than before. This should reduce the power level gap so that new characters can feel that they’re able to compete in Battlegrounds and Arenas more readily. This change will not affect high item-level PvP gear.

With this honor adjustment that all becomes undone. The power creep will go back up to what it was because people can gear faster. It wont take as long to farm the honor, meaning the gear item levels go up faster. Bilzzard really didn’t do much of anything. But, the optics kind of make it seem as they are.

WoW Tokens. They are still making money for Pay to Win style gearing. It’s the only explanation why Bliz is playing dumb about making fixes. It’s all about the $$$$$ People are still paying for the boosts.

The WoW Token problem is not spoken about enough. It affects crafting, raiding, M+ and PvP.

P.S. Due to 9.1.5 being out so long I am enjoying how most players are getting M+ achievement WITHOUT paying for runs. And the people who paid are out of gold/cash. This game can be fun without the WoW Token.

1 Like

You realize it’s possible to…not buy stuff, right? Nobody is forced to. They’re like an optional thing if you’re unskilled and/or have a lot of gold.

One of the most fragile elements of a virtual world is the economy. So many things can upset the economy when virtual currency is effectively limitless. Im not saying that has happened here. The token as a system is a positive. It is designed with a built in gold sink. Buying tokens with gold takes gold out of the economy and that is adjusted based on supply and demand.

But the token, and all of the other things you can purchase with it in goods and services, increase the value of gold to persons who have no intention to put that coin back into the server economy. It is effectively RMT.

I look at it like Time spent. Some humans do not want to waste time sitting in a gaming chair for 16+ hours a day. Money can be made much quicker than grinding out rating in a chair. These pro Rank 1 players can help get the desired rating for the right price much faster.
Value-based pricing.

It doesn’t take that long to do…anything, though? My healer sometimes plays a little as an hour or two a week and he’s still 259 on all of his characters. If anything the average battleground-only player is on significantly more than him, so it’s definitely not a matter of having time.

They aren’t very good about rewarding people for playing a lot these days.

How many Rank 1/Hero achievements do you have?

Did you mean to reply to me?
There’s this neat little “quote” and “Reply” feature that they added, so people know that you’re talking to them.

How many Rank 1/Hero achievements do you have?

Zero, although I’m not sure how that’s relevant. I’m quite a casual player.

Not at all, 36k+ achievement points is not casual by any means.
But it now makes sense to why the constant drive to besmirch players on the Battleground forums.
Not so high and mighty on the rated totem pole, Multi Rank 1/Hero players don’t do this…

Of course it is, I just collect stuff between random battleground queues.
Unless you actually think that fishing and archaeology are hardcore, then I’m not really sure what to say.

I see the seething, you would love to have those Rank 1/Hero achieves.
After all of these years trying, what happened?

1 Like

Are you attempting to engage in the act of trolling, Rends-DarkIron?
I do not see what your post has to do with the topic on hand.

Not at all just calling out what I see, as instructed.