Blizzard abandoned Classic WoW

This is kind of embarrassing how many bugs there are in the game, and this is just for PvP:

You keep the effect of ground AOE spells like desecrated ground even if you’re already walked out of it, mirror image is completely broken, feral bleeds still ignore resilience (and I believe it’s not just feral bleeds if I’m totally honest), pet pathing doesn’t work properly and you’re character being stuck infight for no reason, which has both won and lost me way too many arena games.

Corpse explosion from pet is certainly not 10 yard-range, it’s melee range even though CE states 10 yds.

AMS is still not blocking certain magic debuffs (entrapment, silencing shot (both are magic)).

Ghoul pet is still getting stuck on the secondary platform in EotS and despawning, resulting in having to spawn another one. Warlock pets do this too.

Chains of Ice is still going through Cloak of Shadows (the disease portion is). Chiillblains does too if you’re spec’d frost.

Death Grip 100% goes through Cloak of Shadows every time.

Chains of Ice is still being consumed on hard immunities like paladin Bubble when it is supposed to refund the rune when hard immuned.

And on the PvE side of things we still have the pet bug where Warlock/Hunter pets start at 20% HP despite being 100% every time you mount up.

And there’s many, many more too.

It’s insane how many bugs there are in this game, are the devs even working on Classic anymore or did they abandon this project??

6 Likes

You know the answer.

3 Likes

This happened in real wotlk through mop btw

This was also in real wotlk iirc

Think when people want to list bugs you should want to distinguish them from classic specific ones vs things that did exist in those expansions

I’m all for bug fixed anyways but it’s worth to always try to distinguish them as bugs specific to WoTLK classic vs things that existed in the past (dots ignoring resil for example - the feral thing you mentioned is included there)

Keep in mind a lot of private servers did some of their own bug fixes or interaction changes

3 Likes

Nope, the players did. Wrath (and TBC before it) isn’t Classic WoW. You’re playing retail prog servers.

1 Like

Isnt a bug a bug, no matter if it has been in the game 15+ years ago or not ?

So you’re telling me private servers have a better idea for balancing the game than Blizzard? These things should be fixed imo lol, it’s so dumb those things were even in the original game to begin with.

How do we know they weren’t bugs even in the original game?

You’re replying to a green text on Blizzard forums. You know they’re just going to boot lick all day long instead of actually answer the criticism directly.

Don’t even bother.

1 Like

Ahh I remember the “you think you do but you dont quote”

It was horrifically wrong, but one thing Brack said was more or less that there were bugs back in the day that still exist in the code that players had forgotten about but are still there. And here we are. Full circle

Of course but also they wanted things to be Blizzlike with classic right?

Although as for silencing shot and the like those are physical attacks whose latent effect is just magic dispellable

So for example BoP prevents silencing shot always because it is a physical attack - the debuff is still magical though

The crab pin is similar too, it’s a phsyical attack/root but it’s magic dispellable as well

I think that’s even less of a bug and more on just how those specific abilities are coded

I.e bop prevents them, ams/cloak don’t

Old ams and cloak of shadows in the past (expecially wotlk) are far weaker than their retail counterparts anyways.

Can watch old wow videos to find them - those are really helpful for bug reports

Or just playing the game then

However I cannot remember a single private server that ever let you ams to prevent silencing shot for example

Things like dots on resil I absolutely agree, but also when things are just mechanics of the time you’d need to change the game; again I don’t think any private servers ever changed the entrapment and silencing shot interactions you mentioned (which again is extended to CoS too)

There are some legitimate classic specific bugs that exist though and are not blizzlike and I do think those things reasonably should have higher priority

You ripped this post straight off the wotlk subreddit lol

1 Like

That was my friend’s post.

Oh look it’s Garmuck again

1 Like

This is a rerelease of a completed game on it’s last balance patch, what exactly do you expect blizz to do? top down remake Wrath?

Garmuck you are a legend.

2 Likes

Pretty sure any 3rd grader is better at creativity and planning then the current dev team.

Not necessarily…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.