Blizz, you done screwed up BAD

This is the biggest mistake blizz has made for classic, and they should have seen this coming. South America should have gotten it’s own server.

The streamers can’t have Herod. There are not enough eastern time zone servers. The Spanish speakers have Faerlina, they are claiming that one. The Brazilians have claimed Thalnos. If the streamers take Herod then North American central and eastern time zone players who want a stable streamer free server has to play 2 or 3 hours out of their own time zones.

My friends won’t want to play classic WoW with me if the server I play on is not in our time zone. they won’t want to play on a server were more then have of the players can’t speak the same language.

if we play on the streamer server and the streamers leave the population will fall too low. Even before the streamers leave each streamer will have a small army of players around them taking up kills, and lagging the area.

The English players won’t want to stick around with players they don’t understand and our English speaking players will fall away.

Blizzard the worst part about this all is that you waited too long to release the server list so you don’t have time to add a South American server.

You done goofed, and now the players have to fix your mistake.

The only option I see that is not playing 2 or 3 hours out side of our own time zone is kicking the streamers off of Herod. Central and Eastern time zone players, Make some noise and let the world know that we are claiming Herod for the non stream watching, North American World of Warcraft player.

27 Likes

dude shut up. There will be enough players for each server. Suck it up and play either on a server in your time zone or a server that doesn’t have the streamers on it. Just because “south america is claiming a server” doesn’t mean there wont be other English players on it. The server isn’t going to automatically change to Spanish…

46 Likes

thank you @dominion, a voice of reason

2 Likes

But this “smart” guy keeps saying

That means there will be 100 more servers for you to choose at launch day. No worries mate!

1 Like

You come across as entitled. Like you’re owed a ‘safe space’ to play your video game. Similar to a child whining that what they were given isn’t enough. Why should you get what you want over what some streamer wants? What puts your wants and desires above others? Get real… life isn’t fair and you need to grow up and take the lumps.

Besides, someone saying “server X belongs to us!” doesn’t make it reality. Sure they may play there, but they’re not going to own anything anymore than you or I do. You have to compete, and you don’t like it, so you whine for someone to solve your problem for you instead of working to solve it yourself.

8 Likes

What.

/10chars

if your world ends because of a video game, it’s time to expand your horizons…

4 Likes

Why create problem where there is none?

2 Likes

I don’t get streaming.

You’re watching someone run their mouth, playing the same game you are?

Do people really have no talents or skills anymore to the point this has become a thing?

8 Likes

I don’t think the streamers want to cause problems. Honestly they are just trying to avoid the most of their fans so they can play, and make content. Having a good place to play WoW when you are paying for a sub is a right. The EU got a seaver for each language, Eastern time zone does not have enough servers. The big streamers should play nice and not pick herod to play on. No one cares about the small streamers who can’t pull more then 1000 viewers. we are worried about the big ones who crash the server economy because players want to snipe everything tehy try to buy on the AH. Or the subzone they shut down questing on because their fans want to fallow then around.

Or worst when the streamer finds a better game to stream and quits wow and now a full server shows low pop. Or even though server is full players can’t play because there is not enough space because of the players following around the streamers.

I just want to play WoW with my friends, and have them enjoy the game too. If the server sucks because of non English speakers, or streamers my friends are not gonig to stick around for long.

2 Likes

So a relatively small number of players not speaking English is going to be a big deal for you?

2 Likes

This is kind of the problem.

If their fans are watching the stream, they’ll flock to whatever server they’re on. I kind of get the worry that if streamers are on a particular server, than that server is going to get locked due to over-population.

5 Likes

with sharding/ layering I don’t see that happening I am more concerned about the population collapse after a streamer finds a better game to stream

2 Likes

The consequences will never be the same?

1 Like

They have time it does not take long to add one now a days.

Hold up. There are threads within one mouse scrolling that say streamers are going Grobbulus and SA players are going Thalnos. If you scroll further, there are other realms that are supposedly going to this group or that. There are what, 13 servers for the Americas? chances are pretty high that you are going to play with both no matter what server you choose.

spanish speaking is heading to faerlina. I wish they would also go to Thalnos, but that is not what it is looking like in the straw poles. The large streamers are talking about Herod, but I think that is just a diversion what taking a different server

[quote=“Brac-burning-legion, post:16, topic:247605”]
They have time it does not take long to add one now a days.
[/quote] man I hope you are right, but blizzard shuts down on the weekend, and it is a really low chance they can add a server in 2 days

1 Like

You replied to my post specifically, but did not say anything about why you should get what you want instead of someone else.

You just summarized your OP.

I don’t see any reason why streamers can’t play wherever they want.
I mean, obviously besides because you simply don’t want them to.

1 Like

So we have your word on this. In another thread we have someone else’s word that they are going elsewhere. In truth, nobody knows because A) there is no monolithic bloc of SA players and B) the servers haven’t opened up.
Please, change my mind. All you have to do to get me on your side is show me where players from south and central America have said that they are going to server X or server y.

Do you seriously think the Brazilians can take over Thalnos? There will be way more english speaking players there. Not to mention tons of Brazilians can speak english, hell I hit gladiator multiple times in TBC & WOTLK with two different Brazilians. Thalnos is the go to server if you want to avoid the sheep server.

Accept the fact Herod will be the streamer / sheep server. It’s not even the streamers that you have to worry about; it’s all their mindless following sheep that can’t play the game themselves without always being overly obsessed with what their favorite streamer is doing - fully devoting themselves to the streamers giving them a personal army at their disposal.

They fail to form their own relationships which is the entire point of Classic, and would rather invest in a one sided parasocial relationship while spamming their cringey memes in trade chat. shudders

That will most certainly change your Classic experience in many different ways.

4 Likes