We need to talk, you're out of touch

This post is just a suggestion to blizzard devs over some decisions that have been, in my perspective, completely out of touch with the playerbase.

It’s clear something changed there, design wise, philosophy wise.

But i’m here in a plea to possibly make you rethink the continuously lack of logic the game have undergone in the past years.

I believe if you have a background story that is based upon a patchwerked lore, you should remain inside that story. Gaping holes and lack of fluidity in the order things happen only create more and more of a “wtf” feeling, destroying any possible logic process of why certain actions were taken and how that will affect the rest of the WoW.

I’m pointing this out specifically, because the game was never really strong on it`s lore, too many popculture references and barely any srsbsns moments. It’s a teen rated game after all, but whatever happens in the world, should have some resemblance of meaning and purpose.

So, game modes, dungeons, raids, npcs, monsters, they should all feel they belong on that area of the map and that there is a background story there. It’s not explicit, but you can connect the dots and understand how the things mesh together.

Back in Legion, when Kosumoth was found, i was somewhat bummed, it’s clear it was datamined and people just stitched together a lot of illogical things in the world.

Note that i’m saying it’s illogical, because there were no real leads on any of it, i could run over several spots and none of them really made any sense. I always understood it to be a secret that would be implemented later on with better directions, but lo and behold, it was bugged. So people figured it out using odd methods, which honestly didn’t follow any logic “inside the game world”.

Then, there was the Riddler’s Mind Worm, loved the model, but the wild goose secret chase, was awfull. Based on a book that barely anyone have or that would think about looking at, oh and btw, questchain was bugged too.

Then Fenrir, bugged.
Lucid Nightmare, bugged.
Hivemind, bugged.

And now, blood tome, to tame crawgs. Bugged.

See, my problem isn’t about putting work, dedicating brainpower or trying to find interesting stuff ingame. This game have layers of difficulty and rewards, things shouldn’t be free.

The problem is how terribly built are these secrets, when i look at most of them, i see barely any real interesting puzzle, i just see some frankestein of ilogical stuff, that people zergeg to get. There was no finesse, there was barely any real deduction, just brute forcing themselves trough most of the “breadcrumbs”.

Since the hunter pets had an interesting “ingame” search method, i was hoping the blood tome would’ve some fun, logical, ingame, relevant to the storyline/characters meaning.

Yet, it was just some mind boggling terrible idea about putting a raid full of hunters, as if anyone would ever have such a terrible idea on any give point, considering how clueless everyone were about the whereabouts of the tome.

Dropped from H zul of all characters, like seriously? Logic where are you?

I’m begging the devs, please, start using logic. Start using your world in a way it’s fun and engaging to play in it.

I shouldn’t be looking at random stuff in wowhead, youtube, reddit, or any community hub, other then INSIDE YOUR GAME.

I’m logging in to play WoW, not to go trough several different types of chrome tabs, because the game lacks any kind of logical information.

I could created like 50 breadcrumbs, with silly notes such as: " In the land where the moon is revered, a lonely tree is haunted by a privy shade, i dare…"

I don’t even need to go far with the notes, just stuff that makes me actually want to follow the breadcrumb.

Please, start reconsidering the direction you guys are taking, all the fun secret stuff never worked as intended, always filled with bugs,it’s just atrocious.

We deserve better then BetaForAzeroth.

8 Likes

What are you even complaining about in this post. None of those other secrets were bugged lol…

1 Like

Oh god another essay. I though I was out of school.

1 Like

It’s probably just me, so I won’t be surprised if no one agrees, but all of these ‘secrets’ in the game have made me seriously question just how literally mentally deranged that some people working on the WoW team genuinely are.

Nothing against hard puzzles, and nothing against things that are too difficult for me and require me to seek guidance and such from third party sites, but the steps of all these secrets… it’s just all so peculiar, bizarre, random, nonsensical, and unequivocally freaking legitimately mental.

I love scavenger hunt type things, just adore them. But these ‘secrets’ are the products of extraordinarily unhealthy minds. I very genuinely believe so.

Again though, I don’t expect anyone else to agree. I’ve just been harboring these thoughts a good while and had to vent them sooner or later.

3 Likes

Actually they were, several of them didn’t work properly, had walls people couldn’t progress trough and took a long time to get hotfixed. Hivemind was prob one of the fastest to get hotfixed.

I’m just saying, things are not properly tested or thought out to be implemented in a interesting way. Alas we get bugged crappy content, they hotfix it and we end up with * oh that could’ve been cool*.

1 Like

I remember reading up on the hunter pets. That sounded like a lot of fun.

Blizzard will never be as good as Rare, the DK64 company, in secrets within secrets, but there is potential there that some things might be hidden forever.

I always felt that closed battle net D2 ladder had runewords that were unknown. Maybe if the dupers sat there trying every combination.

I’d like to think that even after all these years there are threads undisturbed and undiscovered. Things that datamining don’t explain.

I look at WoW like a Venetian cookie or strata, 14 years worth. I wonder what things we have forgotten or ignored. What lies beneath and what lies behind the visions of Nozdormu

“Properly testing” them would probably lead to them being leaked.

This happened in Elite Dangerous. So now they don’t add these things to any beta and are often bugged. These are way more difficult than the WoW ones and it’s extremely disappointing when a bug stops progress.

It isn’t just a WoW/Blizzard thing.

1 Like

Could you list one Hivemind mount bug? Also, was it a bug you experienced? People seem outraged by things they never experienced.

With reply’s like this, you should stay in school champ.

1 Like

Am i truly out of touch? No its the childen who are out of touch.

1 Like

Yeah reading hard me no likey uuuhhhgggg. You filthy caveman

Why people so mean to me :sob:

Ignore me! I am grouchy today.