Blizz to Shadow Priests

Well, then I will consider myself fortunate that Bliizard’s opinion of my opinion is the only one that matters.

I have a vested interest in shadow being a fun spec to play, otherwise I wouldn’t be here commenting on it in the first place.

You’re here just to throw darts.

Just pretend this is his priest if his isnt good enough for you to value his opinion. He’s been pretty clear with his praise and criticism of the spec.

My warlock is actually less geared than my priest lol.

I dropped playing BfA seriously after Eternal Palace. I have grown very frustrated with the expansion and have since become very casual.

That is why none of my characters are very progressed in 8.3.

Blizzard has hated priests for years.

I didn’t say he wasn’t good enough. I said he didn’t play the spec he was talking about. He could be a famed slayer, idk.

If you had a vested interest I imagine putting a little bit of effort in to do some difficult content on him. It just doesn’t make sense to me why anyone would think Blizzard would take them seriously if they can’t at least show that they have an in depth understanding of everything they want changed in a raid or dungeon setting… whatever though, keep doing you I guess

I don’t play a spec seriously if I don’t enjoy playing the spec. If I did that then I wouldn’t enjoy the content I would be partaking in. I play video games to have fun. Shadow in BfA isn’t fun. I am not going to make myself miserable playing it.

I have ample experience with WoW to know what I don’t like and what I do like.

Because Blizzard, if they look at all, has the entire breadth of my experience at their finger tips other than what I have done in this single expansion on my priest.

Thanks. I will.

You’d be right if stuff like warcraftlogs didn’t exist. You don’t need first hand experience when you can look up spec representations at high levels, see the kind of damage they do etc. Besides, the spec, in this case shadow, plays essentially the same at low end content as it does in high end, you don’t need CE experience to be able to judge if the spec plays poorly or not.

1 Like

No I didn’t

I am using it as a transmog now

You can’t look at logs and tell if a spec plays well you can only tell if it does good numbers. I’d think shadow was the bee’s knees if I judged by nataleya who did top dmg in an +26 Underrot overall (135k overall).

Yes first hand experience is required. you have the imbeciles with no first hand m+ experience telling us why certain things about it need to be changed(not in this thread) and when asked to explain why they give a random answer that is miles off what actually happens. Yes first hand experience is required when making observations about any aspect of the game.

Yes they do. And they will have seen you haven’t played priest yet this xpac and so will completely write your opinion off. I haven’t played DK since legion, should they listen to me when I tell them how to fix it? I don’t know how it works anymore.

I dont mind the concept of voidform. It’s nice to have some specs that aren’t tied to 2 or 3 minute CD windows. The problem is with tuning.

Specs without CDs should average competitive dps with specs with CDs over a long fight, but naturally the CD specs should burst harder at the cost of a deeper trough.

I would expect shadow to function as a square wave. Void form should provide a decent plateau of strength and then immediately drop when it’s gone. If blizz removed the stacking haste and buffed to compensate, they could also extend the non void form window.

How much has changed about DKs since legion? Which spec are you referring to?

I can tell you how much Shadow has changed from Legion and it isn’t a lot actually. It is just a weaker version of what it was. The azerite traits and essences it needs in BfA are basically the artifact traits it lost albeit not as good.

At its core shadow has always been pretty much the same core rotation. Mind Blast on cool down, keep your dots up, and mind flay as filler. Void form added another element to it but it was never all that complex and still isn’t now. VB on cd while weaving in MB on cd, keep your dots up, and mind flay as filler.

That’s it. The only difference with void form is its ramping haste which speeds up the rotation and there in is the challenge - making sure to go through the rotation and maintain void form as long as possible. In Legion you used Void Torrent, Power infusion, and mindbender/shadowfiend at the right moments to extend void form for as long as possible so that mass hysteria could ramp up to some pretty crazy numbers. Surrender to madness only was viable really for the first tier. By the time Nighthold came around it was really not viable at all anymore.

In Legion it was incredibly punishing to a player who wasn’t using their abilities at the right time, or could not keep up with the pace of the spec. Heavy sustained movement also tanked the spec.

BfA attempted to remove that punishment by making void form cycles last less time, and by removing mass hysteria, but the core rotation from then to now remains completely the same just less options to extend void form.

The spec has traditionally performed bad in dungeon content that was past progression because it is a dot spec with few AoE options and what options it does have are relatively weak. Mobs simply wouldn’t live long enough to utilize shadow well in that content.

If you wanted to get into the minutiae of it all I would be more than happy to obliged as the priest class is my favorite class. One I have played since the very beginning of my relationship with the game. So much so that I have even bothered to play it at all in BfA and get it to my humble 451ilvl.

If you have specifics you, or anyone else in the thread, wants to discuss specifically then ask away. Let’s talk this shizz out. I want shadow to be fun in Shadowlands.

1 Like

Removing the mana and creating the insanity was the best thing ever. The shadow priest before that was… not very fun to play.

Well said :+1: I do not mind being proven wrong when someone can clearly show they know what they’re talking about.

That’s just transmog - a fake. You ruined the REAL Ashbringer. Tirion Fordring and The Light would be very disappointed in you.

Garona would also be disappointed in you too for ruining her Kingslayers

Well, you’re not wrong. But I think we can all agree that The Ashbringer is much more iconic :stuck_out_tongue:

Voidform should just be a damage cooldown, spriest shouldn’t even have “burst” cds, that was never the point of the spec but at this point just make Voidform replace Dark Archangel and restore shadow to Cata or even Mop.

Watching world quest priests defend voidform in this thread is just depressing.

1 Like

#removevoidform

I had a lot of fun with shadow priest in legion with Surrender to Madness.

pssst the person above you is spam necoring shadowpriest threads.