Blizz said the majority wanted flight

Blizzard’s handling of flight and allied races is why I have no motivation to play this game anymore, even though the content in BfA is fine and enjoyable, not having flight to do it with and the way they handled allied races is just frustrating and makes the game completely not enjoyable for me anymore.

And sadly I don’t think it will ever change unless Ion changes his mind about it or is not the lead game designer anymore, so I’m out until that happens. I’d be glad to come back if that day ever comes and they change their mind about flight.

6 Likes

I don’t know enough about FF14’s flight.

In FF14, can you stay in the air indefinitely and hover?

Are you also upset that the trade-off for 8 new races in the game in a single expansion is having to unlock them with reputations and questlines like mounts, pets, equipment, professional materials, and tabards have been in the past?

In FF14, can you stay in the air indefinitely and hover?

Yes.

In FF14 you can do a lot of things. In my case, in FF14 when my sub comes up in May and wont be renewed, I will earn flight and fly…and wont have to sit and wait a year to do a 2 part achievement either.

3 Likes

So…mobs = content?

7 Likes

SNOWFOX foams at mouth

Hai!!!
(It’s Buttons. I’ll bug you on discord if I have to.)

I would have been fine with 8 new races with no starting zones that you had to unlock with a questline and that’s it. The rep grinds, especially the fact that they’re timegated, is ridiculous. Let me just grind out rep over the course of a few weeks to a month when I feel like making and leveling a new character, makes total game design sense, right?

Let me just do these WQs 50-100 times to get enough rep to unlock flight because we’re supposed to be “experiencing the game” first before we’re able to fly, right?

You can take your time gated rep grinds tacked onto everything and shove them, Blizzard. I’m sick of it.

2 Likes

Agree. No idea how we went from flight at max level for years then all of a sudden… Pathfinder is a gift we should appreciate.

Same with new races. For years we buy the new expansion and new races are available, fun fun… Now they gate them and it’s called content. The system they had with flight and new races was fine. Makes me believe the conspiracy theories on squeezing out every penny they can by forcing how we play.

8 Likes

It’s strange that I read that as a warm greeting… but hi!

…it was a warm greeting.

I was thinking about the Avatar epiode where Aang shows the people the spinning marble.

Fixed that for you.

3 Likes

They could easily just have a pole when you log in , everyone that logs in to play the game over say a month or two can choose

1 Like

How did it trivialize it?

I’d say BFA trivialized itself with no influence of this flying/no flying debate.

the forced worship to the gods of RNG. I don’t get the trivializes exploration if your angle. Game did that already. The thrill of finding treasures chests…its not there.

Gratz player, you have walked far off the beaten path. faced fearsome beasts and here is your reward. 20 war resources and a crap grey item.

Day 1 20 war resources maybe meant something. On many peoples mains today we pull this in in droves on caches turn ins. Alts…my alts know what my mains worked out for them. the mission table leads to despair and unhappiness. Or at least boredom.

Its nowhere near the fun or usefulness of legion table. Not even talking gold nerf. I like legion tables to this day for sargeras blood products. Needed for higher end crafting I am closing out to be OCD.

Trash mobs drop trash, good items are in dungeon/raid only for random drops (if…RNG likes you) and they even messed up crafting.

I’d not use flying to trivialize green farming for the scrapper. I don’t scrap. My returns are depressingly bad. Why I hate the 8.1 change of we can’t sell azerite pieces anymore. I’d rather have the gold really…

5 Likes

Odds are, you like FFXIV more than WoW or you wouldn’t do that, flight or not.

To slightly rephrase what I said earlier, if you quit WoW because of flight, you didn’t like WoW.

What’s it like having mind reading powers? I wasn’t aware that I actually don’t like a game that has been one of my favorite games for well over a decade. How do you know my own feelings better than me?

“You think you do, but you don’t”

2 Likes

Ipsan thats a cute little meme.

Plain flat out wrong, but still cute.

2 Likes

I never said that.

Well, yeah. Everything in the game is content.

I would like to point out that my first post in this thread (or maybe it was another on this subject) stated I wanted flight and that flight at this point would get me to play more than I am.

Right, just like the majority of human beings want cell phones, cars, whatever else.
We all want our lives to be as easy as possible, likely because we know with that in place we have a smaller chance at not living any more, but this isn’t that.

A video game is a simulated experience, and in order for this simulated experience to be what it is supposed to be, the basic elements of travel through out the world need to be monitored.

I’m sure if you asked everyone randomly, do you want travel to take longer or be instant, people would all choose instant.
Its up to the playerbase to not stop there though, and instead ask ourselves what’s important in an MMORPG, and not just advocate for the easiest way out, like so many have done before us.

1 Like

well that is true. But in this instance they have given us the cell phone, and the car. Then they took them away.

4 Likes

We can ask ourselves that, but if we ask Blizzard that - it’s profit.

Don’t get me wrong, I understand that we cruise through content faster if we can fly while doing it… and I get that Blizzard can never actually create content as fast as people would consume it with out giving us artificial time constraints, gates, grinds, etc.

… but I’m not sure choice is even something we actually have here about it at all. Nothing much we say will matter, it’s a function of how much they can extend it out to slow us down before it just doesn’t matter anymore, and then we get it.

I think it’s somewhat… fruitless… to think of it in terms of what we want.

3 Likes