Blizz said the majority wanted flight

I am unsubbed. And I doubt I will come back in 8.2. No worries.

Considering how many people have told me that failure to implement flight on a reasonable schedule was a factor in their deciding to walk away from the game, you’re just making up stuff that you think will convince people that your premise is valid.

Hint: it is not.

Blizzard never bothered to give exit surveys to more than a handful of people during a brief period of time. So that’s just hokum. there is no data, because they did not want data kept.

8.2 hasn’t happened yet.

2 Likes

People on “your” server? Can you please list all of them along with their opinion on the matter?

Also, I could care less about why people are leaving. I want more to leave. Maybe then Blizz will fix ACTUAL problems with the game. Which an optional transportation system isn’t…

1 Like

My bad. Meant 7.2. Whichever one was Argus.

There are more things handed to you in the game now than at any point previously in WoW. Flight, and flying mounts, are something long term players have paid for and earned many times over through various processes in the game. For them to effectively remove it from any current, relevant areas is just a band-aid to mask how much smaller the open world play areas are now, and a feeble attempt at slowing down consumption at open world content.

6 Likes

It’s not permanently removed, You get it through one of those various processes in a couple patches.

Can you link me to this “official” polling, as I didn’t get to vote and I don’t want flight EVER.

Where did I reference a poll or mass player opinion? Do you disagree there are more handouts in the game now than every before? Have players not earned and bought flying mounts many times over? Are the maps not significantly smaller than they were when flying was available at max level?

They’re cutting corners. Sorry if the thought that Blizzard doesn’t love you the way they used to upsets you. Different crew there now. No longer gamers making games for gamers. Now just software people trying to get it out the door in time for the targeted expansion release date. Smaller maps and not having to factor in flight in current content probably makes that a little easier on them. There you have it. The real reason they removed flight.

2 Likes

Mind pointing out where I referenced you, directly or indirectly? I was responding to the title of the thread you nitwit. If the “majority” have spoken then were was this so we can see. See for anyone to make such claim they need to have the numbers to support the claim.

That’s because flight is an easy flip of the switch to turn on and would take nothing but a Tuesday reset. It would be a goodwill gesture from the devs in this terrible state of wow. Once they take 5 minutes to flip that switch they could get back to fixing the game.

The devs won’t do that because they have become obscenely spiteful toward the players.

5 Likes

What content does it cheese? The oh-so-compelling “circle a mountain to find the path” content? The “train 30 mobs until they leash” content? Or perhaps you’ve found a way to hover over a rare until it dies?

5 Likes

Well, why not have Flight servers and no Flight servers, problem solved. Players can choose where they wish to play. (lmao)

1 Like

Despite that you’re Alliance… I must welcome you back.

/kneel

If you truly believed that we experience the game more without flying, then you wouldn’t want to use things like gliders and flight whistles to “skip” content; you’d want to really have the no-flying experience. You simply find those alternatives acceptable replacements for player-directed flight.

4 Likes

The no flight servers would end up whining about lack of players unless they like dead servers.

2 Likes

Then by your logic, let’s remove all mounts. They’re only sound and animation plus a run speed modifier, and I’m sure all the people who have spend time, gold, and real cash collecting them won’t mind at all if they’re gone. They’re not gameplay, by your definition, so clearly they don’t matter and should be gone.

Transmog, too. It’s not gameplay, it’s just cosmetics. In fact, the art team should stop wasting time on designing new gear sets at all, since cosmetics aren’t gameplay. Right?

8 Likes

this game is just pixels.

why not eliminate all them nasty things and just have an RNG roll to see if you win or not?

think of the money they would save…

4 Likes

i like my ground mounts way more than my flying mounts plus i mine Herb as i quest. so i dont really care ethier way

Well thats not quite right. You seem to be with this all or nothing mindset. Flight whistles gliders are all things with limited usage. Gliders eventually hit the ground, flight whistles only take you so far. Mainly it’d be to quell all the kids crying. Because with those things its not that bad. I’d be totally fine riding my Mythic Argus mount or my PVP mounts down the dusty roads of Zuldazar.

Total revamp of the riding profession to allow for player agency, customization, and progression would be great.