Blizz ruining classes randomly

I cannot disagree. Your point is based.

I’m maining this toon and having a blast

Never pick your main based on whatever appears buffed at any given point. Pick the class you actually like and accept the fact that sometimes you’ll be buffed, sometimes you’ll be nerfed. Chasing the flavor of the month will only result in disappointments.

11 Likes

All of these balance and tuning are already set into motion on alpha and beta cycle and what you are seeing is exactly that these are the final tuning that is coming to live servers. And also expect more class tuning and balancing the following days and weeks with hotfixes.

Be angry all you like but after 3 EXPANSIONS of borrowed power and systems this game SEVERELY needed balancing!

1 Like

a class is never ruined if you still enjoy playing it even if its not the most optimal way, I have had this DK since wrath was released and despite being nerfed out of hero class ranking and then nerfed even more I have always mained my dk because I enjoy it. Sure it may have been weaker and died more then it did back in wrath but I still enjoyed the playstyle of the class. If you look at a class from dps numbers or how often you die of course your gonna think its been ruined

These changes are disgusting

6 Likes

Choose a main based on how a class plays and not because how much DMG it does.
You have way more fun.

Choosing the current OP class is always a short-term gamble.

1 Like

The hell? What? You fall off a moving truck? DKs werent OP.

And zero classes are “useless.”

1 Like

Player power is directly tied to enjoyment for a massive number of players; potentially the majority. This argument is dead on arrival and should stop being used.

Blizzard refuses to buff and nerf in small enough increments to ever allow players to “play what they enjoy” without constant fear of being nerfed to obscurity in the next minor patch.

The nerfs being warranted aren’t the point; they are so drastic that the class is functionally not the same class. I don’t play DK, but I would be beyond pissed if that happened to the classes or specs I play. It craps on the efforts put forth thus far.

Buff and nerf by 1-2% at a time, far more frequently. Not 20% this, 50% that - there should never, EVER be a case where something is nerfed by 20% in one go in a live environment.

The fact that they buff and nerf in such massive increments is WHY people chase the fotm specs. The differences from one choice to the next are so massive, and likely to change so infrequently, that it is nearly always worth it. Change in smaller amounts, more frequently, and it would vastly reduce the impetus to spec-hop to stronger specs, because you could expect balance to be reached more quickly, and delta between specs to be less severe.

9 Likes

chuckles in long-time Hunter

Life is full of ups and downs. Why not just enjoy what you like instead of living by the numbers?

Numbers are so…tedious. And they hurt my head.

slides some mugs of ale to everyone.

Here is to non numerical enjoyment!

:beers:

1 Like

This is so out of touch.

Nerfing a death knights absorb by 50% and it’s healing by 50% does not functionally change the class. It’s still the same class. Still the same rotation, damage dealing, utility, etc. It simply has less survivability, which was drastically needed in this case.

Your hyperbole does not reflect reality. In fact, most of the “sweeping” changes you’re talking about are not that extreme. Blizzard has historically buffed and nerfed in relatively small increments. The massive buffs/nerfs are reserved for extreme examples. Death Knight survivability was extreme, and the nerf was warranted.

This coming from a 10 year DK player.

3 Likes

Not to be the debby downer here, but these tuning passes should have been done in Beta…

2 Likes

I agree with you. But it doesn’t really affect anything of substance, because Season 1 hasn’t even started. For all intents and purposes, this is still the beta for rated PvP/raiding/M+.

Not possible for PvE alone. People figure out new stuff pretty much on a daily basis. Inclduing for the sims. And the playerbase is vastly superior to blizzard in that regard.

Gets even more complicated if we add pvp into the mix.

3 Likes

At least you weren’t nerfed by 25% across the board

play a survival hunter, everybody underestimates you and expects nothing out of you and then their eyes pop out of their head when they see you popping off on the meters

1 Like

Who’s we? I never asked for this.

Weird you’re posting this on a priest. I don’t think you fully understand how badly this impacts DKs in 2s/3s/BGs. The nerf to ams and to both normal and improved healing, will harm the class. If you’d mained a DK for 10 years, as you claim, you’d realize this. I don’t think you’ve mained a DK ever.

5 Likes

From one long time hunter to another, I’ll drink to that.

1 Like