@Blizz - PLEASE MERGE LOW POP REALMS. We are dying everyday and NEED your help

Happy Tuesday. More attention to low pop / dying realms naooooo

“You will take your 8$ discount on character transfer and like it!”
-Blizzard

2 Likes

Unfortunately that’s what it seems like they did lol. so far at least.

Clearly they have capability and technology to merge/cluster the servers, just a matter of doing it.

So again - PLASE Blizzard, listen to your customers.

Bump for the low pop servers out there.

1 Like

Capability but maybe not skill…look how many hilarious bugs there are on an already developed and PTR tested patch

You should be weary of who you are asking for help. Even if you had a concrete and full-proof action plan, Blizzard would find a way to f it up.

I love Arcenite Reaper, but there are issues that plague us that are the same as big servers, which would only get worse with population increase. If Blizzard does merge some of the lower pop realms, they need to work hard at totally stopping botters and farmers. No farming mana thistle 12 hours a day is not right, and you will not convince me there are players who enjoy this activity. These are gold sellers working in sweatshops in shifts, and it needs to end.

Blizzard would also have to work really hard at keeping faction balance in check. Imagine if we got merged with anotehr tiny realm of say 300 raiders, but all 300 were Horde. That would just kill off Alliance on the server in a week. We would go from a nice 50-50 realm to 80-20. And the players coming off of 100% Horde server would be very blood-thirsty.

I’m still hoping that Blizzard will not have to put their filthy claws in the situation, and that more people will reroll our small server as p2 continues. The issues we experience are not unique, even servers with 1000 raiders have the “server is Dying” mentality. We could use some help to allow people to migrate to the server if they want to, but attrition rates are bad everywhere. The peak of Classic TBC has passed.

1 Like

CM is starting to acknowledge topics here, but only around BUG Fixxes. Help

1 Like

I for once disagree with merging the realms.

People are complaining they can’t farm or even get herbs on mega servers.

I’d say if you wanna go there, please feel free to do so.
But medium realms are ok as we are and we don’t wanna become a benediction.

Thank you.

No need to mess with medium realms. Just the straight up dead realms…like my server with 28 people (12 70’s) online in the evening and 23 raiders last week.

Ok, what do you want, to merge them with other low realms? Or to merge them to medium realms?

wouldn’t be easier to open free transfer off those servers to medium servers so you guys can just leave with all your characters?

Merging is forceful to others.

Transferring is also forceful to others - see the disaster on the horizon for the people of grob and benediction. People also forced me onto a dead server by transferring. Besides, with layers (the issue that got us here) the weight of over population is less burdensome.

Time to shut down truly dead realms and allow free xfers to a refugee sever and consolidate the factions from other dead servers there - no paid transfers allowed there. The majority faction on my realm wound suffer I suppose - they wouldn’t have access to WPVP (they don’t already), but overall this benefits a lot more people who can’t play most content than it does harm the majority factions on dead servers.

Sadly, that would take effort and possible monitoring by blizzard…also blizzard would squeeze water out of a rock if possible so I don’t see anything happening anyways.

1 Like

While there are downsides to merging, most dead servers were practically megaservers at one time. Even after the transfer debacle and massive imbalance, Stalagg, Skeram, and Heartseeker were all in the top 10 servers in NA.

For Stalagg/Skeram people often sat in multi-hour queues just to play on them. My guild didn’t want to transfer off Skeram because they didn’t want to end up on a dead server. Skeram was one of the few servers that existed before the game even launched.

There might be people on Stalagg who don’t want to be merged, but the people who rolled on Stalagg and sat through the long queues in the first few weeks wanted to play on a large/healthy server. The damage done by doing nothing is far greater than the damage from merging/connecting the servers.

Though this fix would mostly benefit dying servers, not dead servers. On dead servers people have already either quit or transferred. The people on dying servers can see what is coming and they’re hoping Blizzard saves them before it is too late.

I’ve given up on Blizzard. I cancelled my sub, which ends at around 11 PM on the 28th. I was mostly coming here to make a last-ditch plea to Blizzard to listen to reason. But I know they won’t.

5 Likes

Dang. Skeram is dying too? My friends and I rolled on Rattlegore because Skeram was huge instantly at launch time.

Now both are basically dead.

By the time Blizzard does anything to address this, everyone that is willing and able to transfer will have done so.

It really doesn’t say much for the future of the Classic xpacs. Pay 25$ for a transfer to a populated server to enjoy the new LICH KING CLASSIC, which is free to players that &^@#ing LUCKED OUT and ended up on a server that didn’t die.

I kinda expect a class-action lawsuit about this eventually.

1 Like

If they know how many players a server can handle, they should cease character creation and transfer to that realm if it is approaching 50% of that limit for either faction.

Example, if a server can host 10,000 players. once Alliance or Horde hits 5,000 players, disable Alliance transfers, and first character creation for an account.

Blizzard had the ability to address this before it ever became a problem, but didn’t. So nah, this isn’t a player made problem, this is a management issue on Blizzards part.

And the funniest thing to me is, players are paying money to address it by transferring, rather than Blizzard doing so. A fool and their money…

3 Likes

You probably made the right choice unfortunately. We can’t expect the slightest amount of work for them to fix bugs, much less server balance. Maybe blizzard will go under and private servers won’t get C&D anymore

1 Like

My 2-cents,

The faction split (horde vs. alliance) is central to the classic versions of WOW (I haven’t played expansions past WOTLK, but I gather it is less important in later xpacs).

Allowing a PVP server to get extremely lopsided is already a major management/design failure on Blizzards part, even if that server isn’t small/dead.

small-to-medium, balanced, servers are the ideal target (Bot-ridden mega servers offer nothing to those seeking the classic experience).

The fact that this problem was carried over completely unaddressed from classic to TBC has me rethinking whether playing on Blizzard managed servers is wise. Those of us on either faction of lopsided servers (which is many of us) are essentially paying for an inferior version of an old game.

5 Likes

Nice guild name.

The sad thing is that most people know it is a problem and agree that faction imbalance and dead servers ruin the experience…the problem is that blizzard doesn’t care and only wants the transfer money.

I don’t understand how this isn’t illegal. I get that they only truly owe us access to servers, but how can I do a 25 man raid when there aren’t ever 25 people logged in?

It’s like buying a desk that comes without bolts. “We are only entitled to give you the wood, but you can buy the bolts you have to have to use the desk for $25 extra”.

1 Like

Blizzard absolutely messed the launch with putting no sort of controls on it.

Unfortunately we’re 2 years past the launch now.

So Blizzard should at least own up to some of their mistakes and take care of these realms they left to rot.