Blizz, please give us cross-realm arena teams

Now that there are no PVP battlegroups, there is no reason to not allow us to have players from other realms on our arena teams.

It would really help those of us who want to play with certain friends without transferring realms and leave the guilds we raided with in classic.

I have two friends who want to play 3s with me in TBC, but neither want to xfer off of their respective realms because of their guilds, so we’d be unable to form a team together. I’m sure there will be many of us in this same situation, and would love for you to consider allowing this change.

4 Likes

No

12 Likes

Accommodate me in every way I can think of

6 Likes

Since we’re playing with people on other servers in PvP anyway, it makes more sense to allow people to group and queue for arenas AND BGs from across servers.

Purists claim to hate xserver because you don’t run into or play with the same people. These same people are opposed to grouping with people from other servers, who you would then obviously repeatedly see and play with. They think they’re experts on the social fabric of the game but actually want to block and prevent social interaction in the name of preserving it.

TBC team requirements to get points are super anti-casual as it is. Not sure why so many people are pro systems that decrease PvP participation. You kind of need as many people playing as possible for PvP to not suck.

2 Likes

Give an actual counter argument as to why this wouldn’t be a good change.

We like our communities on our servers.

The only argument we really need: It wasn’t that way in TBC. It shouldn’t be that way now.

Not to mention everything Blizzard would have to do to make that a thing. There is no way it happens in TBC Classic.

7 Likes

We like our communities on our servers.

Arenas are purely instanced. Whether your team mate is on your server or not makes no difference at all in arena.

Not to mention everything Blizzard would have to do to make that a thing. There is no way it happens in TBC Classic.

It doesn’t sound like a big engineering effort at all.

Because every time there’s a change 5000 people ignore the other 5000 threads about not changing that particular thing and make their own and I don’t want to sift through them.

No a thousand times

1 Like

The counter argument is community. Anything cross realm isn’t great even if that’s how arena works as far as enemies.

3 Likes

Yes but your team is only on your server building its community. You can only put people on your team from your own server. We don’t want this retail BS in our game. Thats the real answer.

4 Likes

So don’t. Have fun! :green_heart:

2 Likes

You too!
/10

Nope, this will only openly encourage more boosting - then you won’t be limited to your own server, you’ll be able to provide boosts to anyone on any server.

1 Like

No one who actually PVPs in this game will agree with you on this. I’ve been playing arena on and off since BC to Shadowlands, and although I don’t like the LFG tool and much prefer the arena team system, having it be cross realm does nothing but improve the PVP community in all aspects.

Actually it makes the pvp community much more toxic, you don’t need to have any accountability for your behavior or attitude and people act like huge jerks because they can just jump from team to team.

2 Likes

So you want to hurt the majority of the community just because of this prospect? Booster groups are going to have toons on every realm in no time. They are probably already speed leveling for this very thing.

The answer is they are in a cult and automatically oppose anything cross-server without actually putting any meaningful thought into it.

If you only want to play with people on your server, your teammate will be from your server. Congrats. You’re not affected by other people playing with people on other servers in PvP.

Being able to play with people on other servers doesn’t encourage boosting at all. Rating requirements encourage boosting. Playing with friends on other servers or even completely random people because nobody on your own server wanted to play with you at the time you were looking for someone does not.

It also isn’t even possible to trade gold across servers directly. RM boosting wouldn’t even be a thing without rating requirements.

This nonsense has been repeated for years. People were jerks in original TBC too. Whether they are able to find more people to play with xserver or not, jerks will be jerks. Most people are at least cordial and polite even to completely random pugs.

The idea that everyone acts like a jerk when they’re not forced to only group with same-server players is complete nonsense. It has never been true. It never had any basis in reality. It’s BS rhetoric from purists.

1 Like

You can already jump from team to team on your same realm.

The thing that kept people tied to the same team was the rating system, how each team had a team and personal rating.

Everything you have said so far has made me question whether you’ve ever done arena at all…

I PvP. It’s my primary focus in WoW. Although this would add more options as far arena partners for me, I see how it would affect the game in a more negative way than a positive way. It takes away a lot from the social factor of the game. in TBC/Cata I had your exact situation, so I simply transferred servers. I would never have preferred cross realm anything despite the convenience it would have given me.

1 Like