Blizz just killed their own game?

What are you talking about? Every time I go to the chamber of heart, its pretty full, and so is the LFD tool…

1 Like

Don’t worry it’ll be replaced by Covenants/Soulbinds as an equally annoying feature of borrowed power

How activity usually from end of an expansion to a new one is:

X.3 to (a few weeks before) pre-patch Y.0 is bustling [we just left this stage 2 weeks ago]

(a few weeks before) pre-patch Y.0, the game is barren [we’ve been here for going on 3 weeks]

pre-patch Y.0 to launch Y.0 is picking up steam

Y.0 is activity is through the roof

Happens every cycle.

Was the announcement a surprise? I was under the impression that is was common knowledge that corruptions would be leaving come next expansion.

I don’t mind the borrowed power, that has been a standard part of WoW for years now.

I didn’t like the rng to get a item with the right corruption that you had to rely on rng to proc that could do between 0 and 30% of your damage based on rng.

Covenants aren’t as bad as everyone makes them sound to be. There’s already a blue post asking for feedback on them.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/covenants-and-your-spec-a-survey/616438

1 Like

I barely go outside anyways so nothing has changed for me atleast :rofl:.

I don’t mind it either when it was something like the MoP cloak or WoD ring etc, same thing for everyone. Now we have to choose between either cosmetics or performance, and if you go for performance and it gets nerfed, kinda get screwed. Then they buff it and now you have a time gated quest chain to get back to the covenant you left.

I knew no way they would be around prepatch= new expansion just without all the contents.

It’s end of the expansion. What were you expecting. BFA doesn’t have much ‘replayability’ like Legion did which had plenty of people still at this time of the expansion cycle.

It mostly is, I haven’t played most 8.3 and I don’t plan on starting now due to how long corruptions take to grind out, only to be disabled soon after due to prepatch.

Legion was great, I loved just grinding out Argus shards and buying rng gear, running some Antorus and mythic+, simple, it had almost no borrowed power to worry about, especially with max available with just 1 quest from Magni.
And on top of that there was mage tower.

Do you really think corruptions were the lifeblood keeping this game together?

Be real man.

People are just doing stuff to prepare for next expansion. Most of my friends have come back with the announcement and are doing everything else but storyline content to set up for SL.

1 Like

I’ve talked few guildies from Classic into joining retail for Shadowlands, but problem is not only do they not want to farm corruptions, but also price is 40e for bfa and then another 40e for Shadowlands, for anyone trying to get into the game now. Better to wait until you need just Shadowlands.

2 Likes

I wish the chamber was empty. Maybe it wouldn’t lag so much then.

I’ve been playing a new world trial. It’s pretty fun and could be great if they polish it up in the beta.

…I guess I’m not the only one the ?

I have 15k echoes saved up. Was going to buy my corruptions. Then they announced this.

So now I’m grinding alts to max level so they don’t fall through some stupid “level squish loophole” and get reset to level 20 or something.

Article around the july 8 livestream said specifically 4-6 weeks.

Umm well. When you make your game so anti fun and you need to rely on doing boring things to level up a boring system which does 50% of your damage so your rotation becomes boring and less impactful. Top that on the fact that people naturally go play other games till pre patch.

There is always a lull in activity at the end of an expansion, but good luck getting anyone around here to admit that corruption farming was at least something to do in game when there was nothing else going on.

It was something to do yea, most of the time at this point there is nothing to do lol.