Blizz introduces legendary-quality pets

No, that’d be even worse.

Like, astronomically worse. To an even more ridiculous scale.

I’d probably outright quit the game over it. I don’t need Blizzard ruining the game for me because of a couple people want epic/legendary pets.

Mr. Pinchy

Just because.

I’ve gotta say, I still don’t really understand why people would be opposed to allowing us to have pets higher than rare quality. Would somebody be able to explain this to me in a way that makes sense? I’ll preface by saying I don’t think ‘but I absolutely need all of my pets to be the highest quality’ is an acceptable reason, which is a big part of why I’m confused by the opposition.

1 Like

well, if they do, then they have two options: leave all the old pets and trainers in the world outclassed or retune them. If they’re retuned, then they have two more options: leave every player who doesn’t have legendary pets outclassed, or retune them. If they retune them, then everything’s back how it was before, effectively.

So essentially if they add legendary player pets they either break all the balance they have so far or they wind up with essentially no real change. So why bother?

The only way out of this stalemate that I see would be to add legendary player pets but don’t let them be used against any existing content, or scale them back to “rare” levels. In which case they have to include a lot of new content or why bother? And if they go down that path they’re going to need to put more resources on pets than they have been, which seems improbable given everything else they’re trying to keep going.

So some of the opposition is simply “we don’t see a way blizzard can make that work any better than leaving it alone, and probably not even as well.”

1 Like

Agreed.

I spent the last few days doing the Argus Family Battler.

Being busy I’d put it off, knowing I could get back to it any time with nothing being changed.

Having legendary pets would mean it would have to be adjusted to keep the present level of difficulty, and Blizzard never gets things right when they make sweeping changes to old content.

Old pet battle content, unlike old raids and dungeons, stays relevant because pets are not getting stronger. Having pets increase in power would turn pet battling into just one more endless, pointless treadmill, and we have enough of them in this game.

Exactly why this is a bad idea, because there’s enormous numbers of us OCD Pokémon people out here that can’t sleep when some of their pets aren’t maxxed. And if we’d blown ridiculous number of hours and monthly payments to get there, suddenly raising the bar would be catastrophic. Blizz is known for suddenly changing the rules a bit, but this would be too much.

4 Likes

Easy answer.

Uuna.

I personally disagree with the notion that pets don’t get stronger over time, mainly because a lot of it comes down to abilities rather than stats. Especially if this is something that, as the original post states, is limited to just a single pet. That’s not really going to upset a whole lot of ‘balance’ IMO.

I can kinda get why people don’t want it to be available to an entire collection, but even then…if it was something that’d been available from the start, that’d functionally be no different from adding it later on down the line since the end goal of having every pet maximized would remain the same for the people who absolutely have to have that.