Blizz, Hong Kong, Freedom of speech, lets have an Adult discussion

Jesus…

The only thing I found a bit off was the severity of the punishment which was adjusted. That’s good for both the commentators and Blitz but was also bad for PR once the statement came out from J Allen Brack.

Quite the assumptions again but okay.

No! I was talking to you!

Stopped here. I made my point plain and clear about the picture.

In the case of the US team they didn’t even suspend them from their next match. They didnt say anything to the team about it, nor did they say anything to the public about it. Don’t you not think if they violated a rule Blizzard should have at least contacted the team to inform them that punishment was on the way and give them a warning??

If you cant see why something wasn’t right there I don’t know what to tell you.

1 Like

Gee I don’t know why they would be hesitant to immediately issue a punishment, it’s not like the internet was on fire against them or anything, no sir.
They took their time and ultimately issued the same punishment, why is your only problem that they were understandably hesitant to rush into another punishment?

2 Likes

The reality is, that groups like Extinction Rebellion and others are advocating for policy that would make the West look a lot like China today anyway. Of course such groups would never come to China to argue their case, because you’re right you would be thrown in prison and the key thrown in the South China Sea.

You can say that China is an Orwellian tyranny but the reality is, that I’ve seen the Chinese way of doing things but the West is increasingly behaving exactly like China is in a lot of ways.

1 Like

The team was going to be set up with their next match. The team pulled out citing the hypocrisy of Blizzard and saying that it wouldn’t be fair for them to continue when Blitz was banned.

Protesting is an acceptable response. People aren’t obligated to sit down and shut up until the problem fixes itself. And it the outcry is loud enough it pushes the ball along faster because so much attention is drown to it.

1 Like

Drizella you seem to fail to understand that the Communist regime is using their soft power to enforce censorship outside of their domain. They’re using our greedy, capitalistic tendencies to strong arm corporations into bowing down to their will. Today it’s a 6 month ban, what’s next? This is the same exact type of nonsense that brought the rise to people like Hitler. Yeah, let’s just keep appeasing the bullies, because that won’t encourage them to demand (not ask) for more. Stop being a Commie boot licker.

1 Like

That would be just hilarious, and would solve the problem at hand.

And what are you? Everything you wrote sounds like Red Scare propaganda.

Yep. Blizzard should never have catered to their sensitivities. If they don’t like the product, they don’t buy it. Done. Actiblizzion and their greed has made them weak, spineless and ultimately put them on the wrong side of history.

2 Likes

They said nothing to neither the public nor the team to indicate there was wrong doing. The team could have gone into their next match and done it again and justifiably used “they didn’t say anything last time so we thought it was okay” as a valid response. Im not sure how you are missing that that is such a big deal.

1 Like

Explain.

/10char

1 Like

Well, I guess i am a Patriot that cares more for freedom than playing video games. I was an avid Blizzard fan/supporter up until now. I’ve played WoW since the second week of its release and officially ended my subscription literally 20 minutes ago.

What are you?

1 Like

They hesitated because it didn’t matter to them, but issued the punishment eventually to not seem hypocritical and try to appear consistent and make it look like there was no Chinese influence. They want to come out of this appearing like it it’s about being apolitical and not bending the knee to China. Problem is, we know that’s not how things are.

1 Like

And you apparently have failed to read the majority of my posts where I acknowledge that this is a systemic issue in modern capitalism and that cultural differences are always taken into account when trading with foreign powers.

Likening one company doing what all companies do to being complicit in the rise of Hitler is completely ignorant to the actual route of the problem.

I’m sorry if you live in a world where everything is freedom everywhere and everything is Western Ideals and sunshine, but even from a legal standpoint Blizzard’s CEO is obligated to appease his shareholders and maintain the growing Chinese market.

Putting aside the fact he knowingly broke the rules in the first place.

People like to stand on moral highground. Nobody bothers to look down at what they are standing on.

2 Likes

Someone who is a realist and don’t have nationalistic tendencies.

That’s what happens when I live in an island that whose national identity is screwed.

Lol. Like clockwork, those who call themselves Patriots get assaulted by shills.

1 Like

A compelling well thought through argument and exactly what I expect.

Thing is I’m not even trying to argue. I threw a fireball. Try again. Or is it a lightning bolt?

1 Like

By the way, the myth of being ‘obligated’ to appease shareholders is just that, a myth. Even if it’s written in the company charter it’s meaningless, because you can always argue that an action is taken in the pursuit of higher profit, either short term or long term.

1 Like