Blizz, Hong Kong, Freedom of speech, lets have an Adult discussion

Don’t need to be paid to highlight the truth.
You can pretend that America is the beacon on the hill it was propped up to be, but it’s never actually been any better than a lot of other countries in the world.
We just have more money and a bigger military, thus, might makes right.

Isnt that what this is? Telling companies and their shareholders that making choices like this will hurt your wallet not save it? How exactly do you think people would go about changing it without first protesting it?

1 Like

Protesting it won’t do anything.
Only by changing the laws actually do anything.
You can protest Blizzard until you are blue in the face, they have no obligation to you at all.

But your congressman on the other hand. They are obligated to you and will listen to you, especially if you can make it seem like it would be to their advantage to listen to you.

That’s how you make change in America, you get the people at the top, the ones who make the rules, and you find that lever that makes them care about their own self interests. Then they’ll support you.

It’s how every civil right in America was ultimately won. Sure, people will credit the protesters, but it wasn’t until the pocketbooks of politicians were pinched that they ever truly showed any inkling of concern.

Grom, you’ve got like 10 minutes before I’m done with work.

Hurry up so I can thrash you again.

Or telling them that all streams etc should be run on 3 second delays at all times to prevent the message getting out there to begin with. That’ll likely be a knock-on from this as well

Take a breath, kids.

Have you read what Elae wrote? I mean, actually read this stuff?

One of two things is true:

1. Due to age, infirmity, or congenital defect, this person actually believes what they wrote.
  2. This person is an agent of some kind.

I prefer the second option: it is less insulting to the writer.

I mean, at least they are getting paid.

3 Likes

No, it’s an easy out for you when someone doesn’t automatically agree with your point of view.
Kind of interesting in a freedom of speech discussion.

2 Likes

If it were me or if they read the forums, this is what I would suggest.

Let their be open questions.
Let people ask their HK questions, their anti-Blizzard questions.
In fact, open with that.
Then, publicly thank them for showing how passionate they are about issues in America and around the world.

Then proceed to the main event.

Don’t engage them, don’t respond. Just thank them and move on.

They’ll be entirely deflated and will ultimately look like fools.

Can you deny anything she has stated though?

At this point, I should probably wear a tin foil hat.

1 Like

I thought you had one on this whole time lol

6 minutes Grom.

4 Likes

Oooooh don’t cut yourself on that edge.

1 Like

So… no?

Cool.

3 Likes

Oh I read what she wrote.
Historically, she isn’t actually wrong.
If you really looked at all of the crap America gets up to around the world, you wouldn’t be so glib.

4 minutes

I have and rather than understanding that it might be someone else’s opinion or take on things you assumed they were being paid by China to say it.

Kinda immature tbh.

1 Like

Too late, I was in a hurry this morning and nicked myself shaving :frowning:

1 minute Grom.

You disappoint me.

So you agree with the punishments, using your words here but feel that enforcing said rules is bending a knee?

You thinking I remotely care about what you think about me tells me a lot about you.

Never told me that at all, you must be confusing me with someone else. You posted a pic of people prostesting in HK, protesting actual human rights violations, in a topic related to three people getting temporarily banned for breaking a contract. Did any of those people you posted in that pic attend the hearthstone event? How could you know, they are all covering their faces. It’s a blatant attempt to make the issue here seem bigger than what it is as a whole. I am not denigrating the people of HK here, I am clearly stating that suspending (not even banning) three people has nothing to do whatsoever with that picture you posted.

All I am trying to show you is that your outrage is misplaced.

You are free to dox yourself any time you like - I’m betting no one in this thread will stop you.

1 Like

Bah, I knew he wouldn’t respond to the challenge.

Grom, you disappoint me.

Here’s a recap of the facts, just so you know them again for next time. I like thrashing you publicly, it’s quite fun.

Blitz publicly acknowledged he knew the rules when he signed the contract for the event.
Blitz publicly admitted that he intentionally broke the rules.
Blitz accepted his punishment and agreed with Blizzard that a punishment was warranted. He disagreed with the severity.

Links are posted above.

Still waiting on yours.

Have a nice night all.

About to go play me some ArcheAge

1 Like

Hate is consuming, it lights a fire in us that’s hard to put out.

I have no grievance with Blizzard for doing what they have. They’ve standardized now that if you hijack their stream for political messages you can expect a 6 month ban.

A publicly traded company is legally obligated to make decisions in the best financial interests of their shareholders and China is the fastest growing market for PC/mobile, that’s a fact of Modern Capitalism. Do I believe the initial ban was politically motivated? Of course. But they’ve lowered it now and tried to make it more fair.

I fail to understand why I should be mad at Blizzard for doing what they were legally obligated to do, to a player that knowingly broke the rules.