Blizz, Hong Kong, Freedom of speech, lets have an Adult discussion

…You’re not Elae. You’re Elra.

Okay yeah, that was my bad lol.
But Elae raises a good point.
It’s easy to condemn the actions of someone else without really looking at what your own country has done.

And I know I know, whataboutism, but that works both ways.

People ignore America’s issues because it is easier to look abroad and find fault somewhere else.

1 Like

FTFY

I’m sorry I couldn’t resist… :joy:

4 Likes

I didn’t expect you to prove me correct so… quickly? Are you feeling okay?

Listen, you were proven wrong two days ago, and you were proven wrong today. You have ignored facts, and entire lines of logical reasoning, in order to…

Actually, I’m not sure why. Maybe life’s not going so great? Anyway, that’s your business.

The point is, that even though you lost, you don’t have to get angry about it.

Good luck out there, kid.

2 Likes

Blizzard says all voices matter yeah as long as it doesn’t cause them friction for China

why wont they just take the hard line and either tell China they don’t agree with them or simply tell the players to back off?

guess theyre thinking that by not picking a side and make a statement theyre hoping to not catch flak from either side

but guess what Blizzard your silence speak volumes you’ve clearly shown the only voice you listen to is money theyd prefer to side with the foreign money rather than uphold their own values they claim to cherish so much

1 Like

You are protesting on a gaming site is all I am trying to point out. Being outraged here has absolutely zero bearing on anything you are so against. You choosing to use colorful language is where we differ.

Remember that? Yeah…

Fact remains even if they allowed you to post your picture, you are not grasping that these forums only reach those who are subbed to these games. You are not even remotely reaching any of the general populace who might want to organize a real protest. Try Twitter, Facebook, or even reddit you love to quote so much, those are social media sites, this is not.

Yes a pile of people who cover their faces is a big draw right? That is anonymity friend, whether you want to admit it or not. Why not post a picture from your own country showing outrage over abortion rights? You posting a pic of those people in HK means zip. They are not protesting their outrage over Blizzard choosing to temp ban a few people who broke a rule they agreed to upon entering a tournament.

That’s really not an excuse.

Actually I do know that. Any action to actually change China’s treatment has to happen on a government to government level, and even then if China doesnt wnt to change it wont. Companies cant do anything about it. But you don’t say " I cant stop them. So I will just comply by their rules an squelch speech against their tyranny".

And that is disgusting too. And it’s terrible that such things never get talked about and that more people aren’t aware. Most people don’t keep up with the news happening outside their sphere. And nowdays the only thing news channels cover is Trump all day every day.

1 Like

Life is good.
Haven’t been proven wrong yet.
Please, show proof.

I just proved you wrong up there.

Here, I’ll do it again.

Blitz publicly acknowledged he knew the ruled when he signed the contract for the event.
Blitz publicly admitted that he intentionally broke the rules.
Blitz accepted his punishment and agreed with Blizzard that a punishment was warranted. He disagreed with the severity.

I mean dude, I watched the live stream q&a, I posted that and the transcript and the rules.

You have no case.

Now as far as you being in my head, you’re entertaining because I’m bored at work. The moment I leave, you go back to be nothing to me.

Now, where did I lose?

1 Like

No, I’m not saying that, nor did I imply it.

What you just did there? That’s known as a “straw man” attack.

Totally the only reason.

Totally.

1 Like

Go read their missions and value statement on their business page, its all there.
Those Mission/Values are internal values of the company, for their employees. Not for the world.

A very facetious statement.
Blizzard must appease China or their playerbase! No middle ground!
No they really don’t. Businesses trade overseas, amenities in how they commnicate and behave in other countries have to be made.
They don’t owe you an apology just because you’ve viewed how they handled punishing a player for knowingly breaking the rules in a way you don’t agree with.

2 Likes

Not an excuse. I had a discussion the other day with someone and we pulled up the relevant laws and judge opinions that acknowledged this reality.

Until this is challenged and precedent is set in court, this is their primary responsibility.

I agree that it shouldn’t be this way. But I’m a realist. This is the world we live in right now and until it’s changed, you can roll with it or start doing something about it.

Blizzard is not obligated to their customers at all outside of whatever contract is made at point of sale.
After that, the customer doesn’t matter at all.
I think that’s where some people struggle, because they see themselves as more than just a customer.

You see it in their language.

“I’ve been playing for 10+ years”
“I have been a loyal customer for years”
“I own all Blizzard games”
“I was here in the beginning”

Language like this suggests a connection between a customer and a company that does not actually exist.

The decision that something is a violation of the rules should be made when it happened, not 1 week after, especially when it took 0 time for them to make that decision for Blitz. They were going to let the US team continue in the tournament. It sure sounds like they were concerned about that violation.

1 Like

Exactly right Drizella, for every crime the super power China has committed, I could name countless others that the USA has committed.

People seem to use organ harvesting as their main argument, but in reality the USA has violated the Geneva convention countless times since the War in Terror started, genocide in the Gulf War, the Ma Lai massacre in Vietnam, and countless other war crimes.

The reality is, that the Moral West is doing everything that you are criticizing China of doing…trying to silence and shut people up that they disagree with (especially if they are on the Marxist/democrat side of politics), and look at the amount of contempt movie goers in the West are treated, the latest one being The Joker movie where the fans loved it, but the movie gets demonized as an ‘incel training manual’.

You are spouting how great Western democracy is, when in reality your governments and leaders will betray you, they would microchip the entire western population if you let them to keep an eye on them all. You criticize China for dictatorship, but in reality you’d give yourselves over to a global dictatorship if you felt it benefited you. You think western governments don’t tell lies and propaganda? Ever since the Iraq ‘Weapons of Mass Destruction’ nonsense, the West has lost a lot of credibility.

1 Like

You being upset over something so small isn’t really a factor to me. We are having a debate on this. What I said wasn’t even that bad. I didn’t call you stupid or belittle you in any way shape or form. Because yet again…

…you are tunneling visioning on points that I never even stated whatsoever and continue to ignore what I’ve said.

I told you I’ve already put in the petitions and have made donations and as a College student without much money in Alabama, that’s all I can do right now. I’m not sitting here with the actual mentality, “Oh boy gotta protest on the WoW forums to make a difference”. Again, never once did I state that. At this point you’re just talking to yourself or someone else because the things you’re claiming do not pertain to me at all.

1 Like

Your argument makes no sense. People are mad that Blitz was punished too quickly and harshly. Why are they surprised when it came to issuing a punishment for the same type of behavior again they thought it over more?

That last part isn’t true at all.

The team quit before they could be punished. Them actually being punished means the team has expressed an interest in continuing to play in the future. Otherwise, you couldn’t actually punish someone who left because they are no longer under your rules.

As for when a decision should be made, that entirely depends on who is doing the punishment. Blizzard Taiwan responded immediately. The parent company took their time and corrected the error.

So… do they pay you in yuan? Bitcoin?

Do you get full dental?

2 Likes

Ah look the ole ‘You work for China’ response. Original.