Blizz Confirms Torghast DOES NOT Have Timers!

Just wanted to credit you for the Poe reference.

3 Likes

It’s a ever changing dungeon, ummm everything. perhaps I will take the time to read the powers and ponder them before I pick them up. Perhaps I will get up and feed the cat before she eat’s my leg. Perhaps I will just be lost for a few or want to go back and click on a pot that I missed.

No thanks. Why should classes get nerfed because some people want to stop and walk the dog in the middle.

2 Likes

The person you replied to mentioned content that people can explore at their own pace.

Instead you tell them they can stay forever in one area doing nothing. How is that content?

Pure obstinance

2 Likes

lol and you think the game should cater to that playstyle?

1 Like

Thats exactly what it does.

6 Likes

You shouldn’t stay in resting area doing nothing, you can walk your dog, look at your anima powers, plan your next anima, look at your sorrounding, etc.

The main argument on why Torghast shouldn’t have timer is people have IRL responsibilities, this resting area solved that.

They used to. They promised us that playstyle in this tower.

Let me ask you. If you liked mythic plus, would you be happy if they changed it’s core play style on you?

3 Likes

I noticed people were mad because they didn’t know what a soft timer is.

The tower doesn’t exist on live - there is no changing the playstyle.

Not at all what Kaleaon mentioned. As long as we’re in agreement that you are talking about an entirely unrelated argument than the one you replied to, great.

Soft timer = artificial pacing from an outside source.

4 Likes

And as you become more familiar with them, they will become regular choices which will become less important.

Do it in the rest area. I had a cat. She could live for 5-10 minutes while I finished something.

Go for it. It’s not gonna be the end of the world and will likely result in 2% of whichever torment you’re currently dealing with. You are panicking over nothing.

1 Like

It doesn’t intimidate me at all, and I’m about a casual a player as you can be.

From what I am seeing of Torghast, I think it’s one of the most innovative ideas they have come up with in years. I only hope they go even further, and create other similar ideas throughout the game. The more creative, changeable, fun and challenging activities put into the game, the happier I will be.

And I think you will find a lot of other ‘casual’ players feel the same.

2 Likes

I don’t think so. What intimidated me was people playing for 4 to 8 hours in there, the endless nature of it.

I don’t like to feel rushed but I just am not interested in content taking hours more.

I still don’t understand what you people think you are going to be “exploring” on floor 35 of a procedurally-generated dungeon.

3 Likes

They have to do the content I imagine or at least watch others doing the content. I agree there isn’t anything to ‘explore’. It is actually a pretty boring environment.

1 Like

It is the principal of the thing. The point of the tower was to once again enjoy vanilla like content that was not on a timer.
This change effectively reverses what was sold to us.

All and all it will be a minor annoyance I can live thru if it goes live. But it should not go live to begin with .

1 Like

Ah, so you’ve played it and felt intimidated by the non-timer? Or you imagine a 2-hour timer on 20-minute content to be too intimidating for you?

I mean, yeah – most of the criticisms I see from this crowd are from people who fundamentally have not seen, or don’t understand, anything about what Torghast actually is or looks like.

1 Like