Blizz Confirms Torghast DOES NOT Have Timers!

This part is not wrong. But thinking back on other timed content, like Horrific Visions, it goes away after you’ve done it a few times and have a feel for just how present the timer is.

My first 5 mask, I was filled with timer-based anxiety. These days, I barely shrug entering yet another 5 mask.

Blizz literally said you will have ample time to do all of those things.

1 Like

Thats what i did with BFA. Gave ample feedback during beta that was completely ignored and resulted in unsubbing a month into the expac. Then I gave the same feedback on the unsub questionnaire they send you asking you why you unsubbed. And here we are.

What part of there’s a casual called adreaver that just tested the torments in alpha while solo and said he was unable to afk for even a second without getting killed did you miss? Or are you actually dismissing hands on experience out of spite? I quoted his entire feedback to you a lil while ago, did you even bother reading?

3 Likes

I’m sorry that Blizzard has not redesigned every single system to specifically work in accord with your own tastes. =(

1 Like

That’s alright, im just here because they said they’d listen to feedback this time around. Hope thats ok with you.

“We will listen to feedback” does not mean “We will change everything because Baelgon does not like it.”

What part of:

Did you miss?

1 Like

Well someone has to represent me, right? An opinion that isnt voiced is lost to the wind, right?

None. But did you happen to read the OP title? It says “Blizz confirms torghast does not have timers” when we are into 226 posts of which about 80% are from people saying that this is wrong and torghast does indeed HAVE timers, and timers are bad.

3 Likes

It isn’t timed, and you will not get to floor 11.

1 Like

Not if you get the debuff for the assaasin you don’t walk away. Spawns every 12 seconds you are out of combat and can kill you in less time if you are not there.

Then you say that you wont experience because it starts at level 10? What? You honestly believe only the most hardcore will go past level 10?

Exaggeration. I believe Baelgon will not get past floor 10. They show no interest in challenging content. That won’t change now.

I know you’re being facetious here but this expac is shaping up to be fascinating to watch unfold for exactly this case.

After BfA Bliz is really showing strain going into Shadowlands.
They’re worried about retaining players.
The buffs they’re running to Exp and Rep show that.

A specific demographic of players like me have a lot of disposable income to throw at gaming every month and Blizzard definitely wants a piece of that.

But Shadowlands development is still showing the telltale signs of stubborn, ‘we’re right and you’re playing the game wrong’ Blizzard and it’s pushing/keeping some players away.

I haven’t preordered.
I won’t.
I’m not even touching Shadowlands until after Pathfinder part 2 because of their insistence on dying on that particular hill.

But the Torghast that is live in 9.2.5 or whenever I actually come around to playing Shadowlands is probably going to look different than the Torghast that’s being fought over today. Same with Covenants. Same with soulbinds.

Because at the end of the day, Bliz will chase that money- and to do it they’ll have to change these design decisions.
$15/month subs and gametime bought with gold is not enough for the earnings calls to keep Activision cost cutters at bay through another expansion.

I wonder how many of you will absolutely just hate this content, timer or no timer when you start doing them. I can’t even test this content because getting to floor 4 is just such an exercise in boredom that I just want to leave.

2 Likes

It’s not an exaggeration when you have used this ignorant statement against anyone who does not want this soft timer.

Its a mix of a personal vendetta s/he has with my lowly geared alt and a little ad hominen thrown in. I dont mind, really, since they have no idea this account is probably older than they are and I was clearing heroic raids in WOTLK when they were introduced.

1 Like

Probably more to do with the global pandemic, y’know?

From the 2020 first quarter report:

Activision Blizzard exceeded its first-quarter outlook, driven primarily by our investment in creative and commercial initiatives for Call of Duty® delivering better-than-expected results throughout the quarter. We also saw continued momentum for World of Warcraft® and better-than-expected results for other key franchises, as populations sheltering at home turned to our content for entertainment and social connection. These trends have continued so far in the second quarter, with business momentum accelerating further in April. In the current environment, we are fortunate to still be in a position to enable some of the world’s best gaming experiences through our direct digital connection to hundreds of millions of people.

After doubling in the second half of 2019, World of Warcraft ’s active player community increased further in the first quarter, driven by both new and returning players, as the team continued to deliver more content between expansions than ever before.

Activision may come to cut at some point, but it sure ain’t any time soon.

I think it’s dependent on who you are/who you’re with. I’m still having fun in Torghast, especially with friends.

I have used it against the player struggling to reach 430 iLvl and hasn’t done an M+ or raid all expansion and managed only in running in and killing Thrall in Horrific Visions.

Baelgon is far from ever wanting to do this content. They just want to argue because it’s fun.

lol what would you be attacking me with if i made a lvl 1 char to post on the forums, i wonder?

I’d assume it was an alt. This, I’m certain, is your main.

lol wanna bet it isnt?

That isn’t going to help blizzard’s bottom line. They aren’t giving people any options this expansion. You either do this content or forget about doing anything more than fishing.