Blizz, can you guys give us a proper warning for server shutdown?

Was in the middle of a VC run, and we just downed Mr. Smite, then get a notification that server shut down is in 15 mins. So of course the group panics and starts trying to pull fast and ends up goofing up the ramp portion, and we wipe. Most of the group doesn’t want to run it again, missing out on the juicy VC quest reward.

Please give us proper notification that the servers are going down please. Thanks.

EDIT: I am talking about an IN-GAME warning. That message wasn’t displayed when I logged in this morning at 7am EST.

2 Likes

Yep. Total agree!!!

like that?> Blockquote

Blockquote

They did…

1 Like

We can’t see that information while IN GAME yo. We’re not going to log out just to see that message.

1 Like

it was literally on the character select screen and the forums. Sorry they didnt knock on your door

3 Likes

Just run it again. If you cant get through another VC run how are you going to get through mara?

How are they supposed to let you know?

It wasn’t on the char select screen when I logged on this morning.

How long ago were we given notice of this? I knew because of trade chat, but according to the blue post, the notice was posted an hour ago. That’s not a warning lol

1 Like

In game warning, just like the 15 min warning.

With how unstable this launch has been, people are really playing without having the forums open to keep updated on things like this?

2 Likes

Unstable? The Launch has been fine. The queue times and forced DC is for server throttling is for forced server migration.

I could second this. Sounds reasonable.

Edit to add- The use of VC for DM is clearly unreasonable though. :wink: