Blizz can we implement these Balance Druid Changes?

Balance Druid

Moonkin Talents

1.) Why don’t they just make a Moonkin Form Baseline for all druids? Why is it something we have to choose that’s just weird? That’s like us choosing Bear form and Cat form. That is just strange.

Wild Mushroom

2.) Should be slightly adjusted to be more interactive than just a press and AFK spell.

It should be changed to do its same instant effect but leave a fungal shroom similar to the old Cataclysm version. That will leave a fungal field on the spot the enemy player is cast upon that slows and does extra dots for those that stand in it. Make it like a 10-25 yd radius. It lasts for like 5 seconds. That would be more interactive.

As well as get rid of Fungal Growth and incorporate its baseline into Wild Mushrooms.

Improved Sunfire and Twin Moon’s

3.) talent should just have the increased range effect for Moonfire and Sunfire baseline.

As well as make the DoTs last the same buff up Sunfire duration from 18 seconds to 22 seconds.

As well as lower the GCD when casting Sunfire and Moonfire. Since now our mastery is tied to these DoTs being on the target allow for it to be smooth and not clunky.

So as a result Sunfire and Moonfire will hit targets in a radius of 15 yds.

Denizen of the Dream and Friend of the Fae

4.) should all be one talent.

Spell is too lackluster to be costing two talents.

Nature’s Balance talent

5.) Doesn’t regen enough Astral Power Passively.

Increasing it to 3-5 would be much better than 1 every 2 seconds.

Light of the Sun

6.) Talent should just be a baseline in Solar Beam.

Force of Nature

7.) This talent should be buffed. Either treant lasts longer and a shorter CD generates astral power off autos?

Or like make these treants cast magic like Wrath and Starfire when summoned instead of melee.

Wrath

8.) I never cast wrath. I never ever cast it. Only for the eclipse and then I don’t.

I really don’t know how to fix this spell and in the boomy rotation. But I’m all for just removing it and making Starfire 1.5-second cast time (Stealing Wrath cast time).

or SOMETHING! IDK!!

Skull Bash

9.) Can this spell be updated to auto-shifting us into the form to auto-use it?

But make it work intelligently if you are already in a certain form it doesn’t shift you into another form.

For example, I’m a balance and I’m in Moonkin form and I want to use the ability; make it so I auto-shift into bear form to use the spell.

The current iteration requires me to shift out of Moonkin into a Bear to use the spell it is really clunky and I can’t imagine how it feels for new players.

For example, I’m a feral druid and I’m in Cat form I want to use the ability; to make the ability smart and since I’m in cat it won’t auto-shift and let me use it as normal.

But if I’m healing or CC someone in my No Form. Since I’m Feral make it auto-shift me to cat upon use and silence; since I’m Feral.

Make this work and Vice versa if I’m Guardian Druid.

Gale Winds and Incesspant Tempest

10.)
Gale Winds: Increase radius by 25% and pushback by 25% and its range by 5 yds.

Incesspant Tempest: Reduces Typhoon by 5 seconds and increases the flow duration by 4 seconds.

New Moon, Half Moon, Full Moon

11.) Make this spell like a 3-second cast time. That does all its effects but staggered. So I cast it.

Then it will perform New Moon. 3 seconds later it will auto-cast Half Moon. 3 seconds later it will auto-cast Full Moon.

This will be much more engaging and make the ability more competitive. It will also allow us to have flow in spending the Astral Power from each 3-second interval.

Wanning Twilight & Lunar Sharpnel

May want to be looked at. They are 2-point talents and would really love them to be 1-point talents.

I know this might not happen for Wanning Twilight but lunar Sharpnel could greatly benefit from being converted into a 1-point talent.

Ursols Vortex & Mass Entangle

I miss my Ursol Vortex, Mass Entangle, and Solar Beam combo. Bring it back. Separate Ursols Vortex and Mass Entangle, please. </3

2 Likes

Hey there,
I like all of these ideas! Thanks for the creative and thoughtful post my fellow Boomkin :slight_smile:
Speaking of implementations,
What about some Glyphs?
Green Wrath and Ottuk land/sea travel forms come to mind atm…

As for Wild Mushroom (Balance), I’d actually personally like to see the following:
One mushroom (like Resto’s efflorescence), similar radius,
slows, generates some AP up front, deals damage and provides, say, 1 passive AP for each enemy damaged every 1 sec, up to X. lengthy duration. IMO that’d work well with Waning Twilight and the skill of actually placing something down, now that Starfall is back to AoE around our char. But maybe that’s just a PvPer’s wishful thinking :stuck_out_tongue: muhehe

2 Likes

I totally forgot about that!!!

YESSS!!!

2 Likes

Id like to see goldrinn either require 1 point, or be buffed more. possibly to just give a flat 3% buff to starsurge damage per point.

Astral smolder should be 10/20% for ALL starfire casts, and 20/40% of crits.

Starfall should be baseline and have its damage buffed by 10%, or have its duration increased by 3 seconds.

Astral communion should be in starfalls spot.

overall there should be more at the bottom of the tree. Ele has so many options, boomy has like 3.

4 Likes

Since they replaced the crit on starfire with splash damage they should give wrath the additional crit. I also miss the MoP train of SS procs. Maybe making wrath crits generate double AP while starfire has astral smolder, or make orbit breaker be a instant cast full moon proc instead of every 30 shooting stars.

I have no idea how to fix the spec.

But I just know for a fact from the ability and its effects that they are trying to make

Wrath - Single Target and STRONG.

Starfire = Multi Target.

But Wrath hits like a wet noodle and Starfire hits really hard.

They would just have to make eclipse increase all dmg. Instead of how it is now. Which would make it boring but they have no intention of fixing as it is now so like why not?

The incentive to just increase arcane dmg is just too much. We want eclipse arcane for starfall, starsurge, moonfire, little baby dream thingy guy :D, and Fury of Elune and the orbital talent if we take it.

Whilst Eclipse nature just increase wrath, sunfire dmg, and mushroom dmg.

Thats the problem :open_mouth:

1 Like

Or revert our mastery to boosting eclipse instead being activated by dots. That alone would give us a reason to use solar. You’d still need dots for waning twilight and shooting stars, dot uptime still mattered before DF as well, it’s not new, we just have the ridiculous ramp up now. Right now the other buffs/talents like BoaT, nature’s grace, and sundered firmament are more important than eclipse buff itself. So it doesn’t really matter which eclipse you’re in, lunar is faster to get to so it’s the better one, and always will be in this current iteration of the spec. Being in lunar and spamming wrath is just wrong.

Our spenders and FoE/moon are all astral so both nature and arcane.

1 Like

Alderaith, don’t waste your time. Blizzard really doesn’t like Balance Druids. It’s clear and obvious. It’s a waste of time to provide helpful feedback or any feedback. But, by all means keep putting in all the suggestions, working twice as hard to get half the results of other classes, and hoping they’ll do anything but implement something, nerf it by 50%, then toss it live.

2 Likes
  • Replace Wild Growth in the Druid tree with Cenarion Ward. Currently, HoTs for non-Restoration specs simply aren’t living up to the Druid class fantasy – Cenarion Ward access would change this.
  • Make Rejuvenation and Swiftmend (and Cenarion Ward) castable in boomkin form. There’s no reason for the restriction now that spriests can cast holy spells in shadowform.
  • Make Protector of the Grove PvP talent affect self-heals as well. 20k hard casted Regrowths are not good enough. Devastation Evokers can literally heal for several times more per cast, and without OOMing.
  • Make Owlkin Adept reduce the cast time of Regrowth.
  • Put Survival Instincts in the boomkin talent tree. 20% Barkskin is not enough of a defensive in this meta.
  • Remove the GCD from Astral Communion.
  • Revert Force of Nature into its MoP version, where they rooted the enemy, max 2 charges.

There, I fixed boomkin PvP and made it a fun spec with actual agency.

3 Likes

I like this! I totally forgot about how we still can’t cast rejuv, swiftmend in form. So annoying.

1 Like