Blast from the Past

Witheeis of course offers assistance to move Lily, with much more care and medical know how this time. Once she is on the stretcher he goes to lift her with Thelera. “Infirmary it is.”

Thel nods. “Debates later, infirmary now. Lift on my mark. Three. Two. One. Mark.” With the death knight’s aid, Thelaera easily lifts the stretcher and starts heading for the infirmary. A spoken word in draenic sees the warframe return to standby mode as the pair depart.

Breyd kneels down by Berwyn. “Aye. I think it was…there’s a thread of life there still.” She moves swiftly to clear the rest of the debris from the kal’dorei, swift but deft - taking care not to move the patient. Her keen eyes keep sweeping for any sign of evidence as they work as well, searching for clues, examining the pattern of the debris to the blast, etc.

Thaddius keeps pace with Thelaera and Witheeis as they move Lily to the infirmary, opening doors and clearing ways as required, always making sure he’s never out of his wife’s range of hearing and continuing his soothing stream of speech.

Berwyn checks for a pulse, before grimacing at the nasty gash going from her eyebrow up into her hairline. She glances around, then at Breyd. “I can carry her out if need be.”

Cee was doing the rounds in the infirmary, as usual, checking each patient. It was moderately quiet when the hearthstone buzzed.

Imps huh… Please don’t call me in; I don’t want to deal with those little sh1ts…

“Officer down, request medical assistance ASAP.”

OH SH1T LILY

The Sergeant sounded real hurt, and Cee’s heart raced. She wanted so badly to sprout wings and fly to her, but others were responding quickly. The best thing she could do is to prepare for her here. She roused the assistants to prepare a trauma bed.

Cracked skull, cracked rib… She went through her pouch of herbs and salves and prepared more of a concoction to help mend cracked bones.

With the few moments she has before the Sergeant’s arrival, she communed with nature, trying to calm her emotions so she could focus on saving the kal’dorei she cared about so dearly. She had been a mentor, one of the first to give her a chance. She had to be all right. What would they do without her? Without her guidance? Without her spirit? What would her husband do? She must be in such pain. If anyone deserved only the good in life it was Sergeant Riversong- er, Ostrander. Oh Light, she was gonna cry…

Elune…Cenarius…Wilds… Grant me the strength to heal your daughter. They must have listened because her mind cleared. Her only thought was her care for her Sergeant, and the determination to help her. When they come with her, Cee would be ready to guide them to the nearby prepared bed and begin healing her.

3 Likes

Thel and Wit finally, after what felt like an eternity, arrived at the infirmary. The draenei knocks on the door with the edge of a hoof, guiding the stretcher inside once the door’s open. Following directions, she and Wit set it down where told. Hands finally free, Thel steps out of the way and takes up a position nearby.

She didn’t have any intention of leaving until she was made to leave, not with Lily as hurt as she was.

Breyd looks across at Berwyn. “Okay, if she’s stable and there’s no spinal damage I see no reason not to move her to a safer place from the fires. I need to try to get them out before they destroy what evidence there is. Do you need me to help move her?”

Breyd’s clearly twitching to try to preserve the crime scene.

Berwyn considers the Kaldorei for a moment, before shaking her head. “No, I can lift her.” She shuffles to the side, kneeling down to slide her arms under the unconscious woman, and carefully pulls her up until the woman is slung over her shoulders in a fireman’s carry. “Should I take her to your infirmary as well, or the cathedral?”

Lily was…vaguely aware of her surroundings. Every sound was hazy and distorted, muddy. Thank the goddess the spare emergency frequency she’d crudely hacked onto her 'stone had worked. The signal had sent clear enough even with both channels open.

She let out a low moan as they got the stretcher through the door and was jostled slightly. Strange to see her own infirmary ceiling between slitted lids. The druid didn’t know pain came in colors, but there they were, painting themselves across the ceiling.

A sharp pang hit her with a thought. Poor Alan. She would…call. Later. When she was awake.

Breyd considers. “I’d take her to the Watch Infirmary. There should be room and it might be a good idea to keep her and Lily close - just in case. You never know how some curses work.”

Then Breyd starts to go about smothering the flames and trying to preserve as much of the crime scene as she can.

Cee opened the door to the infirmary as soon as they arrived, guiding everyone in. As soon as Lily was on the bed, she began healing her, a green glow encompassing both of the druids. She was focused, and didn’t speak a word to anyone during the process.

As soon as they arrived, a human woman with blonde hair not quite to her shoulders and silver-rimmed rectangular spectacles came from the Watch office to the infirmary, greeting everyone there.
"Thank you, everyone for getting her here. Your swift action has likely saved her life. I am Investigator Brigent Ruthers. Now that she’s in the care of our medical officers, they will do all they can for her. We have sent an investigative team out and they will find what they can to figure out who is responsible. Another part of that is witness statements. I will have to interview everyone here and we will piece together what we can. I would like to take each of you aside privately. "

She leads willing individuals into a private, sound protected room assigned for interviews.

((If your character is willing to be interviewed, please respond! To make things easier, I will post a bunch of generic questions all at once that she asks everyone, then when people respond I will write the responses to that character in order. ))
“Thank you for helping the investigation. Your assistance will help us find who is responsible.” She withdraws a notepad and pen from her pack and begins to ask questions.
“How long after you heard the call did you arrive on scene?”
“What did you see when you arrived?”
“Do you know anything about the imps she mentioned”
“Do you know if anyone would wish her harm?”