Blade of Justice: Ugly and Stupid

Ok bro slowly here it goes:

Our hands grow blue because uther eyes are blue, uther “the iluminated” had such pure and strong connection to the light that his eyes glow with blue that is a actually cannon.

Second they reformed wings and look awesome and more “alive” and less copy paste texture on your back.

You have a wings effect with a powerfully extasis sound on every Templar vetedict and Devine storm looks fast paced can’t agree it’s better than wrath storm (like a tornado flowing upwards) but it’s cool for me since storm is now fast paced proc/spammy.

Blade of Justice and judgement…

Well I don’t have a problem with either but I would like to get old hammer to the head back.

As for boj I think it’s ok but as many said maybe a glyph or going from top to bottom? Like it’s a Devine punishment to all evildoers? Impaling is fun for many including me but for everyone

As a.sidenote when judgement crit holy fire rain down the enemy so that’s cool(glyph)

Ps I use Valkyrie guardian of the ancient kings as a male, I don’t regret it.

You are literally describing Exorcism, the thing they removed to add BoJ. It was a holy explosion on the target with a searing sound effect and it would always crit on undead and demons.

Join the #BringExorcismBack movement, today!

9 Likes

See, a lot of the Paladin’s class abilities feel too “Diablo”. The whole weapon summoning doesn’t feel great in my opinion, I wish I enjoyed playing Healer, because Holy is the closest you get to the lore they’ve written on Paladins.

But yeah, blade coming out of the ground, throwing light hammers and shield that sounds like a pan and so on feels awkward in my opinion.

6 Likes

Ever here of the crusades? they weren’t exactly gentle. There’s no way of nicely stabbing your enemy with your sword.

I’ve heard of Warcraft Paladins, holy knights who didn’t summon runeblades from under the ground until recently for some absurd reason.

8 Likes

Infesting… also Nerubian spikes.

2 Likes

Good thing its not a runeblade then.

“Put your faith in the light and all is possible”

BoJ animation seems more DK than Paladin.

Old ability animations that I’d like to have back:

• Divine Storm
  • Judgment
  • Exorcism
  • Avenging Wrath

The current ones are just huge downgrades compared to what we used to have. I don’t understand why we can’t just get glyphs to restore them to what they used to be.

9 Likes

BoJ and Death Coil are terrible animations for melee range. It just doesn’t flow with physical combat.

I would really love to see those two abilities changed, or at least a glyph to change them. And yea, old DS animation would be amazing… why was that removed??

I feel like Blizz really went a bit too nuts with the Paladin animations in general. You’re a plate wearing battlehardened fighter with some holy magic to supplement you, yet it seems like Blizzard thinks Pallies are the Green Lantern corps and every spell is conjuring magical weapons of light to smack your enemies and do the dishes for you. From “class fantasy” (whatever that means at this point) it didn’t really mesh with how I envisioned the class when I played it in Vanilla/BC/Cata. Maybe they always wanted it this way but lacked the resources to make it so, but I liked it when the spells you did have were more about burning your enemies with holy fire.

Also, this is incredibly minor, but for some reason it bugs me that seemingly every Paladin attack that actually hits your target with your weapon is swinging it up at them rather down.

11 Likes

Ok but why blue/silver tho? That is literally the colour of arcane. Holy Light is golden yellow. It’s why current Blood Elf eyes glow holy gold, not white.

Wish they use The divine storm from HoTs, it looks so much better than the current divine storm.

Plus blade of justice would look better if it fall from sky rather than stab from the bottom.

3 Likes

I suggested a new animation for BoJ, and replacing UHDK’s festering strike with a more unholy version of current BoJ. It seems more like a DK thing, stabbing someone from the ground. It always seemed like such a strange animation for a holy warrior.

4 Likes

I’d rather Unholy didn’t start conjuring ethereal weapons out of nowhere either.

4 Likes

It wouldn’t even need to be summoned. You command an undead minion to stab from the grave. No need to change the animation, just use that to explain it. It’s actually one of your undead doing the damage.

1 Like

First, that still doesn’t change that its a dumb animation. Regardless of how you want to justify it in the lore.

Second, thats even worse than the “weapons made of light” explanation, especially if you don’t change the animation at all.

1 Like

I suggested keeping the animation, not the appearance. I actually said make it look more unholy, guess you missed that. As far as it being bad, that’s just your opinion. It’s not wrong, but I can assure you, it is also not correct. I’ve had more than one discussion about this over the years, and so far, you are the first person to be vocal about not liking it, so I would say I have more than a few people sharing my opinion.

Cool. Kinda weird this thread is contradicting all of those points though.

1 Like

In terms of paladin spells, yes.

Why are you trying to force this abomination on someone else? lol. If they don’t want it and it doesn’t fit then it doesn’t. It’s the same thing we are saying.

And BoJ is bad compared to what was removed for it. Exo had a longer range and was holy damage, BoJ is a direct downgrade.

5 Likes