Black Skin Night Elves. Is it possible?

So since there’s Black Dwarves, Black Gnomes, and of course Blood Elves now have Black Skin Tunes as Skin Customization Options. It makes me wonder if we’ll see Black Skin Night Elves as a Customization Option Feature for the Night Elf Race?

When I think about the Night Elves. I think of them as being a Race of Wood Elves who live in trees and I wonder if there are some Tree Areas that makes their skin ether as Oaken Brown like in the Mountains or Jungle Green like in the Jungle Area? So what do you think. Will it happen and make everyone on the Alliance feel that there’s Brown Skin Elves or would it just basically ruin the identity or something? Well for me I wouldn’t mind. I mean we already have Black Gnomes, Black Dwarves, Brown Skin Elves, and Asian Humans so why not Night Elves?

They’re already getting this:
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/923004.jpg
But it’s more of a genuine black, than a dark brown, which I think is what you’re meaning.

12 Likes

It looks Black but not really Dark Brownish.

But hey again it looks good. Just would love to see more Skin Tune Options through.

The night elves are more like trolls so I don’t think it will happen. These other races like gnomes, dwarves and high elves can create that tone with black humans if it is a dominate trait.

1 Like

Don’t all those races have the “curse of the flesh” or whatever it is? Gnomes/Dwarves and Humans.

Very dark purple would make more sense, something that’s along their Drow color scheme.

5 Likes

Considering Night elves came from Dark Trolls I don’t see why a blacker skin tone would be out of the question.

1 Like

I think the reason we haven’t see it for the Night Elves is because those other races typically run the gambit of real human skin tones. Whereas Night Elves get more into blue, purple, so on.

I’d be fine with it, but seems like we would have seen it already. But it is possible.

3 Likes

If they were to have it Blizzard would need to give them the whole melanistic rainbow of human skintones and I said this in another thread: I don’t need to see say an orc in my skintone (being white).

With blood elves being dark, they’ve effectively thrown their hats to the wind RE skin colour, so it is absolutely possible. Also this one would make lore sense, since the night warrior etc.

1 Like

Speculation, not fact.

Didn’t Chronicles confirm it?

7 Likes

Well since it is necroed already…lol.

I don’t see it as possible, imo. Like we have that ‘black’ skin added, but in terms of human skintones…I would prefer not? Same with Orcs and and Trolls, they are not meant to really have skintones identical to the humans and races like them.

Sin’dorei received it due to having human skintones, same with Dwarves, Gnomes and of course Humans. It would be very odd to see Orcs, Kaldorei, Shaldorei and others with…human tones in my opinion.

1 Like

Behold, the caucasian orc.

1 Like

Dark covers a lot of possiblities, not just Coal Black. Assuming Dark means just coal black is well… racist.

All examples of Dark Trolls we have are more of a deep purple I think, rather than the suggested coal black or other similar tones.

Year old thread necro, nice.

In terms of skin tones more in line with real world ones, the implication seems to be that exposure to Titan ‘radiation’ on a given planet, or energy, will slowly turn a race into something more akin in physiology to the Titans. Ergo, to humans. We see this even more thoroughly with the High/Blood Elves, who are far more reliant on their own fount of Titan power and so gained an even more human-like physiology, including more human/dwarf/gnome skin tones.

The darker skin tones for Night Elves that we got seem to have been intended to add a measure of consistency with the other elves and the new skin tones they got as well.

And yes, dear necromancer, the Night Elves did come from Dark Trolls, it just took a very very long time. They settled around the Well of Eternity 15k years ago, and were probably recognizably Night Elves about 13k-12k years ago. Each generation likely lived longer and looked a little bit different until they were essentially immortal and entirely elves.

Two thousand years is a long time.

The night elf empire was ettablished 14k years ago.

They developed in a few centurys.

That’s not an accurate timeframe, the kaldorei clashed with the Zandalari and their own empire after the pandaren had overthrown the mogu, which was 12k years ago. They were likely recognizable as night elves by then, but the actual Kaldorei Empire didn’t start to go into motion until after both the pandaren rebellion and those same pandaren pushing back the attacking trolls a century later.

1 Like

thats not true…we know for an fact, malfurion and illidan grown up in the Empire…and they are over 14k years old.

The Mogu empire was never a real threat to the night elf empire and the zandalari were crushed in an instance.