Black Screen on startup

When I try to launch WoW it goes to a black screen where I can only see my mouse and hear the menu music. Yesterday it was working fine. I suspect some system files may have been corrupt as I had to hard reboot earlier today, though I don’t know which ones would cause this.

I reinstalled my graphics card drivers using DDU as well as directx as per suggestions in this thread: eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17621172002#post-3

I have the game running in admin, I have ran it in windowed mode, I have redownloaded the config.wtf file to a default one, nothing seems to work. I have not reinstalled WoW as my internet speed isn’t great and that would take a while, and I’m not sure if it would do any good.

dxdiag:
pastebin.com/6GWmLmCV

Hello Suwacker!

Looking at the DXDIAG, it appears you’re running Windows 10, Build 10586, which is only the first major update it received after launch (there have been five more since). These are effectively ‘service packs’, so they’re important to apply for overall system stability and compatibility (and updated OS is a minimum requirement for all our games). I’ve seen a number of recent reports that WoW isn’t launching in the 10240 and 10586 builds of Windows 10.

Please manually check for updates, since they apparently haven’t been auto-prompting when available.

The Windows Update FAQ has details for if you’re unsure how to manually check!

Best of luck in your adventures :slight_smile: