Black Out Combo

Yea probably worth knowing that I theorycraft here on the WoW Forums they do it on Peak of Serenity and we kinda have a long history of disagreeing with eachother.

I just read the Peak of Serenity guide to get up to date info for what they reccomend for BrM and no offense but I think it’s a majorly suboptimal build in all circumstances for survivability and damage.

Black Ox Brew + Blackout Combo is 2-3x tankier than the peak’s build and do the same damage without RJW at the skill floor, and up to 10-15% more damage with perfect play.

Here is max damage balanced build:

BwQAPOfh8E5EV1u1/5sg+UnhAAAAAAAASAAAAAFKtkkQSSSrQAAAASLSLJSSSoQSaJIJANJSJlSiA

There is basically 1 flex talent point in the BRM Tree to swap around depending on mitigation requirements:

• Weapons of Order
  • Pretense of Stability
  • Fundamental Observation

So a max mitigation raid build might look something like this:
BwQAPOfh8E5EV1u1/5sg+UnhAAAAAAAASAAAAEUo0SSCJJJtCBAAAItk0SikkEtColgkABJSJlSiA

And then there are 5 flex talent points in the Monk Class Tree to swap around depending on mitigation requirements:

• Summon White Tiger Statue
  • Resonant Fists
  • Fatal Touch
  • Generous Pour, Bounce Back, or Diffuse Magic

Guides always reccomend High Tolerance / Bob and Weave but I really think there are just better talents. Stagger doesn’t scale enough compared to the number and power of your brew usage so the brew related talents are better.

You need Black ox Brew and Blackout combo to be super survivable and also deal the most damage — not taking these talents is just like playing half of the class. They are absolutely fundamental

Not going to discuss stomp builds here because they’re not relevant this early on in the season where mitigation is more important.

———
OPENER
(no tier — I’ll make a post once I get tier about what might be good with BoCo — as there are way more BoFs with Salsabim’s than with Scalding Brew, which is what I reccomend without tier. With Salsabim’s, you will definitely not be able to use BoCo for every ability without capping charges and we may see a haste breakpoint to land 1 more BoCo for Breath of Fire since it will Reset from Keg Smash too but generates healing and shield based on the damage it does, so we will want to optimize BoF much more with tier)

Dont use tiger palm in the opener, instead use RSK first for snap threat then quickly BoK Breath of Fire for mitigation

My opener ( WoO on CD) is typically:
RSK (much better instant threat) → BOK → (BoF if all mobs can be hit otherwise SCK → Keg Smash (this keg smash doesn’t need BoCo because on pull you mostly have all your brews) → BOK → Celestial Brew → (SCK for little more AoE threat before regular rotation or a BOK Keg Smash if ST)

If WoO then pop it as you are pulling and replace the SCK mentioned with Keg Smash to build the damage amp before going into normal rotation ( ideally a juicy BDB exploding keg)

This way, you can have your damage reduction from BoCo breath of fire while moving into position, purifying somewhere on pull and hopefully getting Celestial Flames to buff your next SCK, get initial threat then quickly pump out a 3 stack improved Celestial Brew to soften the pull (critical tanking concept to take the brunt of the on-pull damage/mechanics while healer/and group to position themselves too). If youve ever seen a tank get globalled on a trash pull its because they didnt “soften the pull” with Celestial Brew or some other CD like Dampen Harm and get 1 shot

Right now, with no tier bonuses, Scalding Brew + Charred Passions is more damage than Salsabim’s / Dragonfire, but once you have tier you’ll switch to Fiery Dragon Salsa build

———

Stat Prio

Even though technically speaking a mastery/vers build is the highest survivability (and it will be a drop in dps) , I’ve never had to use my mastery brew build to survive with good play, but the option is there. I personally reccomend just maxing dps stats:

Vers = crit >> haste > mastery

As for enchants, they say choose between Leech or avoidance for back/bracers but I would say the leech is mandatory compared to avoidance. Leech is good and you already get avoidance from the monk tree.

As for embellishments, imo Lariat is Bis and then you can choose the other. You should have all vers gems regardless of the other secondary stats so that Lariat will only ever trigger the vers buff, as this is most optimal for survivability and damage.

For other embellishment, I recommend the Primary Stat on Interrupt/Stun from boots.
It’s basically a weak version of Sephuz’s Secret, but because other embellishments are tuned so low, it’s the best because 5% primary stat at this gear’s secondary stat inflation is BiS.

It’s a 30s CD that you can reliably trigger with Leg Sweep / Paralysis / Interrupt in M+ to sync with every 1 min Exploding Bone Dust Delivery:
(Bone Dust Brew → BOK → BoF → Boots → (Brew Spam if no mitigation needed) → Exploding Keg so Special Deliveries land in the 3s burn window → Be casting SCK for as much of the 3s window as possible, ideally with the WoO damage amp on the 2 min sync)

1 Like