Black Morass Timewalking as DH

Hi,

Was doing timewalking last night as a Demon Hunter and got Black Morass. It turned me into a Human.

As a Demon Hunter, most of my animations didn’t work and locked me in a standing animation with a fixed facing. It looked particularly amusing when I mounted up - as I was standing in the saddle, and the horse was facing the wrong way while I ran across the map!

I can’t imagine it’s very high on the list of things to get fixed, but maybe turn us into High (Blood) Elves instead?

Not a bug. It’s an intentional design choice of how Black Morass works.
Since the dungeon itself is set in the Vanilla timeline, Burning Crusade has yet to happen, and Draenei+Blood Elves aren’t around (see: playable, on Azeroth, or relevant).
Since Humans don’t have the Demon Hunter animation sets, they have “null” or filler animations to replace them.

The bug is more in how the animations for a human simply aren’t there. There isn’t a placeholder, you literally lock up, even while moving around.

There are high elves in classic; I said blood elves because they’re basically the same thing with different eyes (and now they can have golden eyes again).

Only night elves and blood elves got special animations for demon hunters. Other races don’t have those animations. If you do the dungeon again, you may get turned into a dwarf or a gnome and the same situation will happen again.

Black Morass is set before the first war (WC1), not vanilla WoW. And Burning Crusade is not in a separate timeline from vanilla WoW.

Only the events taking place in the Draenor from Warlords of Draenor is in another timeline

Black Morass is set before the first war (WC1), not vanilla WoW. And Burning Crusade is not in a separate timeline from vanilla WoW.

“a graphical representation of a period of time, on which important events are marked.”
I know it’s generally mentioned with the AU, but that’s not what I was meaning. Again, even further reason an Elf wouldn’t be involved in Black Morass - and they’re not about to specifically tweak an old dungeon for the sake of a class that wasn’t designed with other race rigs in mind anyhow.