Black Lotus respawn

So if blizz changed the server cap, why have they not changed the lotus respawn rate? Flasks are like 200g on my server.

8 Likes

Because that would require extra work. They don’t work for free. Hell, they don’t even work for money. Why do you think there used to be hired GM’s 15 years ago when Blizz was a smaller company and they have ZERO now?

1 Like

They should make herb rates reflect the higher population. Although the extent of fixes blizzard can provide are basically maxed when they made perds glow more brightly

4 Likes

Why lie? What do you hope to gain by lying?

2 Likes

They changed the spawn timers on devilsaurs to eliminate cartels and adjust for increased population so there’s no reason they can’t do the same with black lotus.

You people just need to complain more.

Devilsaur got their timers nerfed because whiny players complained all day long about how they couldn’t skin devilsaur with the mafia controlling unguro.

Black lotus at the moment is no different, it is mafia controlled, your average player has no chance.

Start whining to blizzard about how you’re just a small opressed casual minority who can’t compete against these big meanies and they’ll need it in no time.

7 Likes

People keep saying this and provide no evidence whatsoever. It’s probably a lack of understanding that spread this misinformation; people probably not realizing that dynamic respawns were/are a thing in Classic/Vanilla and they were probably speaking from highly populated realms with a tremendous number of people in Un’goro months ago.

I was literally in the devilsaur mafia for the first 2 months of the classic when it was super lucrative before blizzard changed the timers on us.

When classic launched Devilsaurs were on a 14-18 minute spawn timer.

2 months later blizzard reduced Devilsaur spawn timers to be on a 4-6 minute window.

I’m someone who would prefer black lotus stayed rare and exclusive but even I think the respawn timers on lotus is ridiculous when considering the population is often 2-3 times bigger than it was back in 2004.

5 Likes

Should be like arcane crystals where high level herbs have a chance to give you a black lotus.

3 Likes

The black lotus issue will only be a growing issue for the months to come until it has a negative impact on subs. Resources are finite, and the populations of the servers are significantly higher compared to vanilla. On vanilla FLASKS never exceeded 100g on my server, but here just the lotus is 170g and we are only at BWL which is a joke of an instance for “difficulty”. Icecap, Plaguebloom, Mountain Silversage are also an issue as well as DM east alleviates many of the issues for shortages on the other herbs and arcane crystals. If not for lasher farming and jump runs the economy would be even more of a disaster.

4 Likes

still waiting to hear about the nerd who unsubbed because his flask was expensive…

They’re going to keep going higher as more people are self-quarantined. I’m so glad I have banks full of black lotus from the early days of the layering exploits.

Can’t wait for flasks to hit 500 gold.

Well done, but you’ll be waiting a while. When content is on a slide, guilds require less and less flasks.

You really don’t think some people will unsub because for just ONE of their consumables that lasts an hour it will take 5 hours of farming at 50gph and will only get worse? AQ and Naxx will force people to quit because thats the starting point for requiring flasks, its better to address this problem early on ( I have 50 flasks made and on an alt ) so I am personally comfortable however I wouldn’t want to raid on my warlock who is on another account if flasks became as stated above, 500g per so ya, there is one sub accounted for it.

I don’t think Vanilla did that.

Huh? Try to get in game chat with a GM, there is no feature. They even automatized the item recovery so you dont have to talk to GMs to recover items… Use your brain.

2 Likes

Your server =/= all servers.

Read this:

or this:

203 votes and 149 comments so far on Reddit

Personally, I won’t be unsubbing over this. That’s not to say that others won’t. I do think it’s quite an odd reason to quit.

100% agree, but place yourself into the position of those who play weekly for a few hours a day. Wouldn’t that be reason enough for those players?

No chance I would unsub on my mage’s account and I am beyond well prepared, but if the reason I have my 2nd account with my warlock is to do another raid for my guild, and help filter loot to more mains but it costs me lets say 400g to raid AQ40 and another 600g to raid Naxx every week on my alt, there is a zero percent chance I have that account as active.

Keep telling yourself that. More and more people are going to be playing in the coming months.

I don’t need to tell myself that because I’m not betting on future markets. I’m telling you that. You don’t have to listen.