Black Hole - New ability idea for Shadow Priest

I posted it on the EU forums, I’ll give it a go here too

Over at the Warcraft Priest Discords “shadow-lands” channel we talk a lot about new stuff we can add to Shadow Priests. One of the ideas from there that I’d like to share with you guys is Black Hole

Black Hole would act like it does in Diablo 3. It spawns a Black Hole which pulls enemies into it. If the enemies are in the Black Hole at the end of its duration, the Black Hole erupts, applying Vampiric Touch (or just exploding for damage) to all enemies.

This would fit the shadow/void theme, it would be great utility for m+ and it has great synergy with Dark Void.

You could also make the visuals appear as a Void Puddle, but mechanics remain the same, depending on what fits the most.

What do you think?

5 Likes

I like it.

I posted a similar idea some time ago…
Link here:

Harness Shadows - Place a shadow zone on the ground with a 15 yard radius, applies Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch up to 8 enemies. 2 sec cast. Last for 5 sec. 30 sec cooldown.

• This acts like our mass dispel spell when we can pick the area to target and once we cast it, it will instantly apply our dots to enemies within the area and any that would walk into the area for as long as it lasts.

I do like the extra functionally of yours though. Maybe a talent or baseline should add a gravity effect (I mean your calling it a black hole) that pulls you slowly towards the center, though easy enough to escape if you just move / jump out of it.

Fitting name for an ability…just like where all our feedback concerning this class is going to.

8 Likes

Maybe we might recover them in patch 9.2 when we visit an unexplored area within the maw.

“Forgotten reliquary of untold truths”

They will probably just change the name and give it to DH. :rofl:

1 Like