Bit confused about skills

I play a shaman and one of there skills is a PVP talent called “counterstrike Totem” Deals 100% of damage back to attacker. But I use it barely takes any life of them So is there where I can go to truly get a jist of all the skills abilities. Because i am a literal person if you say it’s going to do something I expect that.

Google the “icy veins enhancement guide” . Scroll way down to pvp in the talents section. It says counterstike totem reflects the damage you take for 15 seconds. so if your not taking a lot of damage it won’t damage them much.

there whole team should be wiped i’m sorry 100% of damage when im nearly dead have is 100% of health if I get jumped on drop that and heal they should they all be dead, Doesn’t seem to work like a reflect though. so does it act like a thorns. I understand in theory it’s a bit OP just tell me did it get “nerfed” cause I been going around with it. And also been watching a lot of videos. So if can give me a link to all skills passives and abilities in there current state and truly do what they say I can work out a game plan as it stands, I got nothing here to work with. I was also a late comer to this game so I haven’t been able to follow every single patch update release info.
Sorry for the ill pronunciations and punctuations. Heard one theory it only does approx. 1 million damage.

I’ve never used it but you have the math wrong. Let’s say you have 100k HP and get killed, The totem can only do a max of 100k damage split between all the players close by. It can only do as much TOTAL damage as you take not a percentage. The most it can do is 100k total no matter how many are enemies are near. I assume it would do less modified by their defenses too.

Let’s say there are 3 guys around you. Your math says they would all die and take 300k total damage, which is incorrect. The 100k in your health pool is the max damage it will do total spread across everyone, and I assume less reduced by their defenses.

If you want to know something about wow, wowhead.com is your friend. It has an obnoxious ad setup so you may want a good ad blocker using the site or just pay the $9/year to get ad free usage.
https://www.wowhead.com/enhancement-shaman-pvp-talents
https://www.wowhead.com/enhancement-shaman-talents
https://www.wowhead.com/enhancement-shaman-abilities

In general abilities like this work off how much damage you actually take. Just because I hit you for 100,000 hp damage, your defenses will kick in and reduce that. Let’s say it reduces it to 50k damage. That’s the actual damage you take.

With the way I understand that specific pvp talent only the 50k and not the 100k damage will get reflected and only if the other criteria are met:

• I’m standing within 20 yards of you (I’m a hunter I could be outside that and attack you)
  • And only if the attack was a direct attack against you. There are lots of cleave damage (a % of damage done to target was also done to nearby foes, like you) and Area of Effect (AOE) damage that can hurt you without targeting you. It appears that those don’t trigger the reflect.

NOTE: In the case of an attack from a pet (several classes have these), the damage would go to the pet and not to the controlling character.

It doesn’t matter if 50k was 100% of your total health, its the amount (50K) and not the percentage (100%) that is reflected. If all the above criteria and restrictions are met, that 50k gets sent back to me (ow) but my defenses also get to reduce that hit and maybe I only take 5K damage (less ow).