Biggest mistake you made in classic so far?

I respected my warrrior 4 times in 10 mins because I kept forgetting anger management

6 Likes

First mistake was rolling horde. I thought that the alliance dominant private server scene would help with faction balance. It did not.

Second mistake was expecting Blizzard to make active changes towards improving faction balance, and staying horde.

3 Likes

Rolling hunter was a fairly large mistake.

6 Likes

My biggest mistake was rolling on a US East server to play with friends who all subsequently quit around level 30. I’m on the west coast so it really killed my ability to raid. Luckily server transfers came out and now I’m in a raiding guild, so it worked out, but it cost me money and I’m only about to enter my second MC since classic launched.

On the bright side my guild clears MC and Ony super fast and they’re all solid individuals, so ultimately I think it was worth the wait.

10 Likes

Rolling a Druid, followed up by playing Feral, followed up by ranking to 14.

Hell, if I were going to tank and rank to 14, I should’ve been a Warrior.

2 Likes

Without any certain doubt, rolling a Paladin as a my first character. It resulted in me quitting the game with the idea that I probably wouldn’t be coming back.

I sucked it up and came back, rolled a druid from scratch (which I’ve never, ever played in any expansion) and I’m enjoying myself now at a leisure pace in the much less crowded leveling zones.

I played a Paladin back in original vanilla so I thought that it would be a nostalgia thing for me but it it turns out there was a reason I stopped playing that class back in Wrath permanently that I had forgotten. I actually, legitimately, hated the class and for some reason it took 37 levels in classic for me to remember why.

2 Likes

Getting off the gravy train of people all leveling within my levels. I miss waiting in line to stomp a mob or having no issues grouping.

I quit my guild since 90% left. I too picked the wrong server, mostly because East coast kept giving me queues and I was not about to waste my 2 hours to play on 90 minutes of waiting.

I think OP still takes the gold medal.

4 Likes

Means to an end perhaps? What are you going to do after hitting r14?

I was in WSG the other day, holding the flag on our roof. Someone asked for the EFC loc, and after 30-60 seconds someone else said “CAP” (in capital letters).

What I didn’t realize was that he was responding to the earlier inquiry; I thought he was telling me that the EFC was about to die, so I jumped down to get in position to score, and then ended up getting killed. What he meant that the EFC was in the enemy flagroom, standing on cap.

I think everyone on our side recognized the misunderstanding, (some were scapegoating the other guy, which I thought was unfair) and I’m pretty sure we ended up winning that match anyway, but it was a little embarrassing.

It must have been funny to have been an attacker trying to steel himself for another attack on our fortified roof, only to see me suddenly jump down to the flagroom, seemingly spontaneously, for no apparent reason.

2 Likes

Kinda wish I just rolled a regular pve server instead of RP but I still like the community on my server. There’s just a very small Horde pop and not much to do after a certain time of night.

Level a Warrior and get rank 14 on that, too.

4 Likes

Lol, you’re a machine.

Beep boop.

Not getting my Hunter to 60 before PvP started and ignoring the WPvP phase were my 2 biggest ones.

Expecting blizzard to pick the right version of av. Lol.

4 Likes

I’ve been double “mains” the entire time so far.

Time wise, it’s been doable for MC since it’s a joke difficulty wise, but with bwl and ZG coming it is going to be too much time.

And honestly? A large chunk of that time investment is via the GOLD investment required per toon . Respeccing between pve and pvp and consumable usage for both each week is coming out to 350ish gold a week. And that’s before buying helm /leg /weapon enchants as both toons gear… And I still don’t even have an epic mount on the second one. I’m just spending an rediculous amount of time farming gold each week just to attempt to keep pace while also raiding and pvp grinding.

The debate now is which toon to keep going with, with arguments both for and against both.

Thinking Blizzard would actually roll out " Classic " in its true form, not some convoluted resemblance to retail .

3 Likes

FFS Shift whyyyyyy?

I mean I get if you’re already R13 then what’s one more while you have the time but… uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

No amount of pretty purple (literally) gear would make me wanna do that.

I here ya there. On both sides .