BG World queue came out in 3.1 with Ulduar

I’d be willing to pay the price of going to a battlemaster.

I know Random BGs came later, are we sure BG queues themselves did? I swore you could queue for WSG from anywhere. Maybe I was wrong and went to the battlemaster. I remember doing that, thought it was in BC tho. Either way, it wasn’t a big deal

Go ahead and tell blizz to remove it, and when they do, I’ll commend you for the consistency. Until then, :woman_shrugging:

…and stop asking for RDF?

did they remove world queue yet?

Sure, but blizz still added it in. Until they actually remove world queue for consistency then it doesn’t really matter what you’re willing to do.

Please go on about how a UI to queue into content that automatically groups you with players, across servers even, and teleports you to said content until the activity is over in which case it places you right back where you were before … is totally different because 1 is against other players and the other is against scripted bosses.

Only it has to the community, because the forums are literally filled with people screaming about how it wasn’t added until ICC patch and so it can’t be added now.

One is for content that requires 5 players. The other is for content that requires at minimum, 20, at maximum, 80. I trust you can do the math of that one, yes?

By community, do you mean you? Where were you when they decided to go down #SomeChanges in the first place? Where was the pushback for that?

I see changes asked for everyday. Changes that do not give a damn about consistentcy.

You seem to be confused. What I’m saying is that consistency in game design isn’t something to strive for. Who cares if one feature is added in prepatch and another isn’t? What matters is how the game plays, not what’s “consistent.” People just use the “consistency” argument because they can’t explain how RDF makes the game better. We see through it.

And it’s a bad change. I can be opposed to it. Blizzard’s faulty consistency shouldn’t affect mine.

Similarly, I can counter by saying that Blizzard still removed RDF, and they should/could/would do xyz but they haven’t.

It doesn’t really matter what you think, either, because apparently all that matters is Blizzard’s actions. And if you’re going to only look at Blizzard’s actions rather than individual player thoughts, then why make the thread in the first place?

1 Like

Just pointing out the flaw in the “shouldn’t be added in till ICC for authenticity’s sake” argument. That’s really the only point I wanted to make.

So you’re unironically advocating for LFR, got it.

You seem to be hilariously confused on what side here was using the crying that it wasn’t added until ICC which means RDF shouldn’t be added until then at the earliest. But hey, glad you see through the comically bad argument of it not being added until ICC originally being a reason not to add it at launch.

It’s not a flawed argument, it’s only flawed if you believe one and not the other.

I haven’t really heard a huge movement to push bg world queue to Ulduar launch, but definitely heard people saying if LFD were to come it should be ICC. Either people are apathetic to the bg world queue or just didn’t know.

Not unironically, I’d be more favor of LFR than I would be RDF. 100%, got that right. Is that you’re only rebuttal to that?

You seem to be confused about what my actual point is, as this is now the 3rd time you’ve missed it. I’ll try to reorient you. Why does consistency in game design matter, Alzar? How much does it matter?

Or, third option, people are able to recognize that BG world queue and LFD are two completely different systems and should not be treated as if they are the same thing.

I took a cue from the arena thread posters. Sorry!

1 Like

Lol seeing that as the top reply and most liked post on that arena thread was hillarious.

1 Like

Care to expand on how this matters? Isn’t it effectively the same if a persons end goal is areans instead of raids?

Dramatically. I am in favor of consistency, but I also am in favor of realism and promoting authenticity, too.

The barber shop allowing you to change your face and skin color is a change, and, errrr, “body type”? But it’s a rather negligible change. Allowing flying in Azeroth would be a much more significant change than that. And a more significant change yet would be adding in Raid Finder.

No worries, my posts are just as much for onlookers as they are for the people I’m replying to.

Badge bonus, getting around daily lockout, etc. etc. That’s just the gearing process. We need not discuss how much it alters the gameplay of the new expansion feel.

It matters hugely and changes the course of progression for players in a way that wasn’t remotely like Wrath of the Lich King

If ICC was out at launch and people could just skip Naxx because they got TOC dungeon gear, that would be a problem.

The only thing that changes is getting around the heroic lockouts, and I’m sure they could change it so that is taken into consideration.