BG forums lounge

The Classic experience in a nutshell:

2 Likes

Rogue one feels true. So many missed attacks.
Warlock also looks true, I have stolen lots of mobs from warlocks in mid-cast.

As a warlock I have had many mobs stolen mid cast. My best bet these days is to open with a wand shot, cancel the second and then cast my dots.

And having played with Jadei last night, I can testify the wand thing is pretty close :wink: (dot-shield-wand ftw!)

The hunter one is a wee bit of an exaggeration. A wee bit.

1 Like

I grouped with a hunter in redridge that could insta tag mobs by laying down fire trap wherever they spawn and park his pet on top of the trap with aggressive.

If thereā€™s a couple groups waiting for a mob to spawn he would always get it.

I came across this while waiting on the queue. It gave me a good laugh.

24,399 votes and 546 comments so far on Reddit

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty good.

:smiley:

Classic is pretty mind numbing :woozy_face:

Someone hasnā€™t visited Strangethorn Vale yetā€¦

1 Like

I can go there if I want, plenty of PVP actions at TM/SS but itā€™s just boring and meaningless, no honor until phase 2. Rotations are very zzzz, just not very challenged as Iā€™d hoped.

Vanilla wasnt really a challenge, was mostly just long grinds. The old AVs were fun though once you got geared up.

Arenā€™t we used to that though? I mean thereā€™s always been a time for having fun in the game but itā€™s always been preceded by a time when we have to get ready to have fun. Like:

Thatā€™s the preceding part. And itā€™s going to be a long preceding part in classic.

I myself am enjoying leveling for the most part though. Iā€™m talking to strangers again and most have turned out dependable and cool. I can count such encounters in Legion->BfA on one hand I think.

1 Like

What my handful of friends list buddies have told me (they didnt play vanilla) is that they like the social aspect but the combat is mostly auto attacks and procs. They also dislike training weapon skills etc. I dunno, ive been telling them that the endgame will be more of the same but the pvp was actually kinda fun and they should at least push on to 60 to reserve judgement since they are around 30ish.

No lol. I can have instant fun in a modern version of WoW through BGs/RBGS/Arena with a sense of progression.
Waiting for phase 2 which is 3-5 months away for my progression to be in the game is just zzzzzzzzz. Also BGs are in phase 3 I believe which means a possible 7-10 months away from that too.

I donā€™t need gear for deep frost spec either.

I might be remembering wrong but wasnt vanilla crafted gear actually pretty decent? I remember getting my brother to make me a bunch of stuff so i could go pvp. I was really young so could have been just getting slaughtered and just assume the gear was decent?

Honor is honor. Just because you dont get honor ā€œpointsā€ means nothing. Zug!

Well yeah now when an xpac drops you can do bgs and such but mainly we have to level up and the faster we gear up the faster we smash the faces off the slowpokes. Classic is going to take a lot longer. tbh, I was kind of surprised when I saw you say you were going to go full into classic awhile ago. Didnā€™t think youā€™d have the patience for it haha.

Me on the other hand spent 3 hours farming mobs for cloth and didnā€™t realize it was 3 hours until I finally got up out of my chair. :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah crafted gear is good. My spec requires nothing really, had been messing with on a private server at 60 for a while with no gear, and I would just 2 tap people with frost bolts. Pretty much the same thing in world pvp right now, one shatter bolt and itā€™s 80% hp.

Honor is rank. Rank is prog.

Iā€™m enjoying PVPing with people who actually just want to PVP, not people grinding for mounts/gear/items. Thats just my personal opinion.

2 Likes

This right here needs to make a comeback for retail. Out of all the things that I miss was crafting being useful.

1 Like

Being an Alchemist has saved my life so many more times in the past week than I can count. Its fantastic.

Iā€™ve never done a profession besides Engineering before!