BG forums lounge

Grobbulus.

That’s exactly my thoughts herc. These kids are the minority.

You’re missing the point entirely. RPers don’t care about the opposite faction. We’re on a PvP server because we expect us to be at war and attacked at any moment.

What we do not want are people on the same faction who are rolling on an RP server who don’t want to RP. There are only a few RP servers, and tons of normal PvP and PvE servers. All we ask is you don’t take advantage of our community and only roll on our server if you actually want to participate. Otherwise, yes, you are griefing.

I am not missing the point of your post. I understand that you don’t want non-RPers.
The point of my post is that this statement right here that I’ve quoted is hard to gauge and/or enforce because there is no such thing as an RP ruleset outside of naming conventions and /s, /y, /p chat, and possibly not interrupting other players RP. That is it. Everything else is made up.

As long as it is not obviously toxic or abusive, you cannot tell anyone else that they are not RPing. Nobody has to walk around emoting that they’re donating coins to some NPC to help the children. Nobody has to RP making a sale at the auction house. Nobody has to RP “oh sorry just passing through” if they wander into the city inn that you happen to be RPing in with your own group. Nobody has to do anything because you cannot judge what others are RPing. Lack of RPing in your presence is not griefing, that is just you being judgmental and trying to telling others what they should/shouldn’t/can/can’t do. If you want strict mass RP then you’re rolling on wrong server by choosing RP-PvP.

I think I’m gonna go with a non-RP pvp server, if I do play.

The main reason for choosing a RP server seemed to be RP servers have better communities, not “We really enjoy RP and want to do more of it.”

Most moderately active servers had good communities in the era before CRZ and sharding. Even my original dead backwater server in wrath/cata (named Eitrigg) had an active community and that was just a generic low-pop PvE realm.
And with the much smaller number of realms being opened for Classic, there will be no dead inactive realms (at least not the NA servers). They will all be active. They will all have communities.

Pick your servers based on friends/guilds/like-minded players, that’s it.
In Classic nothing else is going to matter.

That’s why I like rp PvP servers personally. I don’t really rp but enjoy their communities.

2 Likes

Some of them seem a bit… unwelcoming?

So report that person for having a non RP compliant name.

“there’s a bad apple in every batch”

I wouldn’t let the minority dictate my decisions. Think about recess way back when. There were always creepy kids in the corner.

Happy Friday Eve, forum friends!

2 Likes

It doesn’t feel like it…yet.

1 Like

Friday just means I got most of the weeks work ahead of me. I hate Friday!!! URGHHHH!

At least for the next 2 months :unamused:

Friyay is date night. Time for an all you can eat to lose some money.

2 Likes

Get a real job, gnome!

Btw- Today is Epi’s (aka e-pig) Birthday so wish him a happy birthday and insult his mog.

I can do the first, the second I’d do anyway.

NO!

2 Likes

Friday (tomorrow) is my last day of work before my 2.5 weeks of vacation time.
So I am quite looking forward to it :+1:

Psssh. I look amazing.

1 Like

Neckbearding some classic?