BG forums lounge

I’m sure it’ll be a cappable currency that just needs to be spent before more can be acquired.

1 Like

You’ve always only been able to earn a certain amount each week. 1800 used to be the base cap. And for catch up they would shave a certain amount off each week.

I got TL 3 back.

1 Like

Shake it Floyln!

2 Likes

Look at these two. When is Blizz going to allow me to participate in forum PvP without grinding endless posts? -sticks out hand-

You need to view 2k more posts. Scroll spam a thread in GD to hit 20k read.

I lost it last year and just got it back today.

No mention of their scaling or honor gear?

Not yet… this was just an introductory post to it and more or less letting the players celebrate getting vendors back. Very few details were given.

All the datamining is about to begin and before players form a negative opinion based on an incomplete design, blizz decided it best to put out an announcement post in their own words instead. They said they would go into more detail later…

I’m annoyed by the:

Players will be able to use Conquest points to purchase specific items of their choice from a vendor in the capital city of Oribos (in an easy-to-find location, naturally).

From Ion in there. Like he’s making a tongue in cheek joke about how stupid the idea was that vendors were hard to find.

What is with (and oh sht I sound old now) the lack of personal responsibility on people who speak / post publicly?

The best PR move it seems is to never acknowledge you said it, were wrong about it, or in this case, make it sound like your new idea is great and oh yea, let’s forget that I ever said anything stupid in regard to this in the first place.

Just effing own that it was dumb and say so, I’d respect you much more (not that he cares about my respect, but still).

/rant over.

I’m happy to see a (hopeful) reduction in RNG gearing, and maybe this thought will get me through the inevitable disappointment of the ~8 boxes I will be opening up in just over an hour that are RNG repeats upon repeats upon repeats.

Man, I need to drink some coffee or something. I am way to irritable right now at 10AM quarantime.

3 Likes

I think the joke was more at his own expense than ours. You may be reading into it too much.

2 Likes

You’re probably right.

On another note, anybody (besides me) excited for the FF7 remake coming out Friday?

I might give it a try, been playing borderlands 2, Smite and vermintide 2. Just can’t keep up with wow grinds anymore and it finally has burned me out. Got a bit tired of having to choose between hang out with the kids or work on gear to be ready to go for bgs that I never end up playing.

1 Like

The details are still kinda vague. I imagine I’ll probably continue to get gear mainly from M+/PvE, simply because PvE is easier/faster than PvP.

Fighting 100% scripted/predictable NPCs (PvE) is always easier than fighting other thinking/unpredictable humans (PvP).

1 Like

If they have honor gear vendors with some kind of scaling and they don’t let the ilvl bloat get too crazy and create huge gaps, casual pvp would be alright again.

2 Likes

I grew up on 90s RPGs, so I have a special place in my heart for FF7 (although FF6 was huge to me).

I stopped playing the FF series probably after the early 2000s just due to life, and was disappointed in 15 from 2 years ago.

I’ve been playing Sekiro off and on, and then I play LOTR Shadows of War when Sekiro gets frustratingly difficult and I need to plug and play maul things.

I don’t know how u guys that play multiple RPGs do it, WoW is the only RPG I have played for going on 12-13 years now… just not enough time to dabble in any other RPG brands :man_shrugging:

Pretty much WoW and Halo series are the main games I’ve played for the past decade or so. Halo Reach was my bread-and-butter shooter game and still a personal favorite of mine :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I play wow ~6 months a year. I take long breaks.

Console rpgs / computer rpgs are nice for other reasons - often due to really in depth stories (pillars of eternity, divinity, etc).

Also, walking away from those for a day, a month, a year has no consequences.

Your save is there waiting for you to play again, unlike an mmo where the world continues to evolve without you.

Well so far if they don’t overhaul the covenants I’m gunna call it for a bit on wow. I don’t have time to grind that stuff out anymore just to do bgs and those abilities will be mandatory and if you pick wrong then you are SoL.

In my now several expansion experience of starting off first patch, and then leaving until last patch - last patch is the way to go every time.

Things are smoothed out and the grinds are reduced with catch up mechanics.

Legion I came back for the last few months and it was a breeze to gear and the artifact crap was handed to you.

Same with azerite now.

Honestly I don’t do much in game besides what I want to do. I do the assaults bare minimum - no dailies - and sometimes just on a lower geared character to try and get a piece.

Outside of that I queue pvp, run m+ and that’s about it.

I do Emissaries only if they’re azerite or weapon upgrades for an alt.

I’ve never flown since wod, probably never will, and am completely content with it.

On an aside, alliance has been wrecking shop in bgs lately. I’ve been mercing more because of that and every game is a romp.

1 Like