BG Ban wave. Blizzard needs to address this

Yeah a ton of people are eating their words right now.

7 Likes

my ban was just overturned seems like they are reverting some of them

5 Likes

Greetings,

As part of our ongoing effort to combat exploitation and abusive behavior, Blizzard recently closed a World of Warcraft license on this Blizzard account.

After performing an additional review of the evidence considered in this action, we’ve determined that this closure was an error. We are reopening this license for play and hope you will accept our sincere apologies for the mistake.

It is our mission to make Blizzard a fun and safe environment for all players, and we are truly sorry that we affected your experience in this fashion. We are always refining our processes and we will learn from this experience as we continue in our ongoing efforts.

We look forward to your safe return to the game, and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Customer Service
Blizzard Entertainment
https://battle.net/support

Many people receiving this.

Vindication.

8 Likes

Not cap he just sent me the email from blizzard. but eat your words

2 Likes

GG no cap /tenchar

Hard telling what went wrong being labor day weekend and all but at least they are resolving it for the people who really weren’t afk. Kudos for actually listening and doing something Blizz, Especially on a holiday.

1 Like

Thank you for your post. That exact same thing happened to me back around June. I grinded some honor on my little 61 Disc Priest in AV. I ate a 2-week ban for “PvP Non-Participation” even though I was never AFK. Every match I healed at Galv, defended IBT, rode down to Drek and healed the Drek tanks. I would heal and dispel people in team fights if I saw them.

Problem is, at level 61 in a mostly-70 BG, there is only so much “participation” I can do. In truth, I probably wasn’t very effective due to my level and gear. But then why let me queue at all? I think my strategy of defending IBT is what ate me the ban, ultimately. Blizzard saw my logs of me just standing at a tower for 4min and must’ve considered me “AFK” even though I was never away from my computer and never receive an AFK debuff tag.

It was a very frustrating process and I’ve seen it happen to several guildmates now, WAY before this weekend’s debacle. I felt it was extremely unfair to ban me for two weeks from a service I’m paying for, for “non-participation” that never occurred.

My appeals might as well have gone into a paper shredder.

2 Likes

I am happy to report that many, many people are being unbanned as we speak. Thank you everyone for the support on this thread.

Sorry for crappy image.

7 Likes

Blizz is doing the right thing undoing these ridiculous bans. I wonder if the same 4 or 5 people who have been here for hours arguing that Blizz could never falsely ban someone feel stupid.

7 Likes

Weird. Lots of bans being overturned. Whos smug now?

2 Likes

This is the only sane conclusion to this mess. I hope they’re mass lifting these bans.

No shot they are reviewing one by one right now… right? It would be thousands of appeals…

2 Likes

That’s great to hear.

It’s pretty ridiculous that it had to come to this where a ton of people had to call out Blizzard on their horrendous system.

3 Likes

Summoning Iwillkiteu Ziryus Balerinka thisguy to this thread to comment on the bans he so zealously defended being lifted now.

6 Likes

Glad to hear people are starting to receive their accounts back. Anxiously awaiting a similar notification myself, but glad to know I’m not crazy for thinking the majority of this ban wave was a mistake.

1 Like

You know what else is sad about this. Is a lot of time even when a ban is lifted people get screwed out of things like future betas because the mark still goes onto the account.

So this terrible new report system combined with just really really poor ban pushing is probably going to have ripples for many many years for people. A true shame.

2 Likes

Curious on your thoughts since you have been on here all day fighting with people, while running your multiple businesses, that they were wrong and there was no issues in what was going on.

Just wanted to provide some constructive criticism that “we” as a community should be more open minded when hearing complaints from other members of the same community.

3 Likes

I’ve never said any of that. What I have said is that I don’t know who is guilty and who is innocent. What I have also said is that I do hope that people who are innocent get unbanned.

So, as for my thoughts? I’m quite happy people got unbanned. They must’ve been innocent.

1 Like

I have just been unbanned myself.

Bunch of people eating crow.

Bloomsday was actually very civil in his conversations and just wanted people who were actually guilty to be banned, so it’s not him.

4 Likes