BG Ban wave. Blizzard needs to address this

Anyone who is reporting maliciously because someone is a lower level or anyone false reporting people actually playing the map should be banned for thrice as long or outright perma-banned.

Disgusting behavior by disgusting individuals.

Also, the automated systems need to be looked at, especially if you arent going to punish false reporters.

6 Likes

When did I say I have been reporting people. In som there was loads of people getting banned for afking in AV, and guess what? 99% of them were afking, the only ones who weren’t were extremely toxic and bringing it upon themselves by purposefully saying unnecessary things that would get a bad reaction from anyone for their own enjoyment.

Because thats extra work. They want you to show them.

Yes I do. If enough people report you for you name you get a forced name change. It’s 100% automated. A ban wave like this where thousands of people get hit, DK players with mere days of existence, there is no way Blizzard is reviewing every single ban, the only possible conclusion is that it is automated.

While we’re on this topic, the automation isn’t intelligent either, like other video game companies do. If it was, they could have solved the bot problem a long time ago. It just has to be entirely based of player reports. If there is any human making a decision in this entire process, that person is not doing a good job.

There’s zero chance they’ve changed their process

I made a thing. Hopefully we get an answer.

14 Likes

Jesus christ what will it take to get through your thick troll skull that you are absolutely, beyond the pale, wrong? Stop defending Blizzard! They suck!

Two of my guildies had their appeals denied with a canned automated response.

Logic and evidence usually does the trick.

How am I defending Blizzard?

1 Like

Stop posting.

2 Likes

They should keep appealing. Eventually someone worth a salt will review. Same thing happened to me when I appealed my “botting” ban for using console port. It got denied with can response then someone who actually knew stuff reviewed and I was unbanned.

1 Like

A similar issue back in classic got another guy I know an extended suspension because he kept appealing.

They do not care, unless there is massive overwhelming pushback in public forums they will screw over their customers without even thinking about it.

Yea i had the same issue with something else in game. First GM gave me a standard answer the second gm gave me a diff answer that helped.

It’s well written post and I am watching it, but I think it’s worth questioning the fact that some players got banned for a lot less time for this before pre-patch and now everybody gets 30 days off. 30 days account ban for being AFK (allegedly), in the middle of pre-patch, with a unique event about to start. Something ain’t right here.

X

Great post, a lot of what that GM and council member was saying was cringe to me. I’m not sure how we can be policed by people who don’t play the game. How would they know what is//isn’t participation?
Blizzard and its support staff need to address this for future reviews and there need to be more defined rules. If they want to stick with their current policy so be it, but tell people " you cant defend unless 21 members say to defend, dont do AV turn ins for rep and buffs, unless people are okay with it, and then they need to add a system at the start to alert the players what is and what isnt allowed since it will be dynamic.

2 Likes

Watch out, probably get a ban from the forums now. Blizzard caters to the zoomerz now. If you aren’t playing the most efficient way, then you are playing wrong in their eyes.

They have begun sending out emails, I was just unbanned with an apology.

4 Likes

I have been looking into all the reports from others since I woke up to a ban as well. I sent a ticket and haven’t gotten a response, but I am now unbanned. It switched my Account Suspended icon back to how much game time I have left! I hope this is for everyone who was suspended by mistake

2 Likes

“Every suspension handed out in this ban wave was reviewed by an actual person. Blizzard has said this numerous times now.”

Do you have a link to where they responded to this? I was just leveling in av and some one told me they were banning people for that. Came here to see if there was any truth to it. If theyre actually reviewed, im not to worried about it, because im to adhd to sit still. I usually help defend a tower, then find a group thats back capping.