BG Ban wave. Blizzard needs to address this

Did not say they were telling lies, but that corp can change things after announcements are made. Does this make what the CM said a lie? no, it just means corp changes the rules after the fact often.

It’s hard to believe that when I get an email stating simply “after reviewing your appeal we determined we were wrong and have undone the ban”

So was it automation or human error to begin with? Regardless it’s a Blizzard problem.

They’ve been saying the same things consistently for years and years dude. Nothing has changed.

But their communication and customer services has fallen off a cliff.

Of course it’s flaw … .all systems are but it’s what’s acceptable in terms of accomplishment vs failure … some will get it removed and that’s great but people need to try to control as much as they can to make sure they don’t get snagged by the system. I’m glad it was removed but i would think in fact alot of the behavior that was exhibited appeared to be something else unfortunately.

Here’s my take on it:

Many players have been AFKing or playing passively in AV. Those players were being reported across many games and Blizzard has a process for investigating AFK reports in AV. They look at the account in question and how many games that player had zero or close to zero damage/healing. If they notice a pattern, they flag the account for suspension.

After people started appealing their suspensions, Blizzard realized their criteria for suspending people in this wave included too many people who were actually defending objectives and happened to have a lot of games where they incidentally did zero or close to zero damage and healing. Such is the nature of a BG like AV, where a conflict of strategies between opposing teams could leave players defending objectives with no one to fight. Blizzard realized their error after reviewing appeals and decided to remove the suspension on many accounts.

What sounds more reasonable, this explanation or the ludicrous claim that Blizzard has given every player GM banning powers with extra steps. One person earlier claimed that it only takes 5 reports to automatically ban someone. Does that mean that each individual account has 20% of a GM’s power to ban people?

Also, Orlyia basically confirmed some of what I was theorizing just now:

The criteria for a ban in this instance should be public knowledge.

It’s understandable to hide parameters that are used to detect botting/rmt.

It’s shady to hide parameters that could trigger a ban during normal play.

1 Like

So what I’ve been told by someone that worked at blizzard is that the people suspended fell into the threshold of not actively participating for a specific number of BGs

That information gets sent to a team member, they see very clearly that the player has inactive numbers, so they pulled the trigger.

Right now I’m sure blizzard is going over what constitutes not participating and adjusting.

That being said. Saying you intentionally sat a bunker for 30+ games for the sole purpose of helping the team win is a lie. Based on what we’ve seen as players, they’re doing it because they’re lazy and multi tasking

We can only hope.

1 Like

Still no word. Submitted an appeal over 24 hours ago. Every single AV game was same, i ran from start to bunker i was always first to cap, killed between 2-3 of the archers or atleast damaged them them sat till it capped ran to ally aid station till horde were ready to pull boss but alliance usually won before we ever pulled so my damage is like extremely low. 2-3 archers is like 10k damage then maybe i killed 1-2 ally in scared effort so another 10k damge.

2 Likes

You need to remember that the same degenerates that didn’t play in the first place would do the same thing again, but just make sure they barely escape the system

It really stinks that some legitimate players who put all their awareness and attention into playing every BG got banned. Still hoping you guys get your appeals.

In the long run though I think this is a huge blessing. Now that people know they’ll get banned for a month for being lazy/selfish degenerates, maybe they won’t do it next time

the above post makes it seem like those who are still waiting wont get it overturned. and here i am waiting it’s not looking good and i honestly can say i did nothing wrong. and if 30 days stands i will just unsub and look elsewhere it’s not worth my time for a company that treats people this way

3 Likes

The fact that I’m now 27 hours in, and the people I was pvping with who put in tickets long after after me are currently unbanned, and Im not. Sitting here waiting for a reply when you helped people who asked after is odd customer service.

Yup. If this 30 day stuff stands. Refund my 6 month sub I literally just purchased, and peace me out forever.

2 Likes

Maybe your claim isn’t as easy to figure out and was pushed to another team member.

I honestly have no clue how the appeal system works.

1 Like

I dunno, I see at least 2-3 AFK players each game of AV and they are different people each time. It’s not hard to imagine that there’s a huge bunch of players who just AFK all the time and finally got the boot.

I said my peace. If im just 1 of the unlucky who dont get turned over im done with the company. 18 years of wow never suspended once, scarab lord of the most prestigious horde guild of classic 200 days played account of classic this is an insult of blizzard. I think its time to move on with life :frowning:

3 Likes

I’m assuming its going to take multiple appeals at this point and we havent even gotten through the first one.

I would wait for your first reply before you do another

2 Likes